
要不要去看電影?
Fiona and Leo are classmates. A typhoon is on its way to Taiwan.
菲歐娜和里歐是同學。有個颱風正來勢洶洶往台灣前進。
on one′s way在路上
Fiona: Did you hear the news?
菲歐娜:你看新聞了嗎?
hear(v.)聽到news(n.)新聞、不可數
Leo: What news? I know that there is a typhoon coming, if that’s what you mean.
里歐: 什麼新聞?如果你是在說颱風的話,我知道它要來了。
if that′s what you mean你是在說那個的話
Fiona: The mayor just said that we will have a day off tomorrow because of the typhoon.
菲歐娜:市長剛剛宣布,因為颱風的關係明天放假一天。
mayor(n.)市長day off放一天假because of+n.因為(只能加名詞)
Leo: Nice! Do you want to go see a movie tomorrow?
里歐:太棒了!你明天要不要去看電影?
表示要不要而不是未來會不會
Fiona: No, we should stay at home.
菲歐娜:才不要,我們應該待在家。
should(aux.)應該+RVstay(v.)停留
Leo: What a waste!
里歐:什麼!太浪費了吧!
What a +N.真是個~、表示感嘆、What a surprise! 真是個驚喜!waste(n.)浪費
Fiona: You should take the typhoon seriously. This one looks pretty scary.
菲歐娜:你不應該小看這次颱風,這次颱風看起來很恐怖。
take sth. seriously認真看待某事、seriously(adv.)嚴肅地、認真地pretty(adv.)非常scary(adj.)可怕的
Leo: I guess that’s true.
里歐:好像真的是這樣耶。
guess(v.)猜想true(n.)正確的、對的
Fiona: You should check if there is enough food, candles and batteries at your house.
菲歐娜:你應該要檢查家裡有沒有足夠的食物、蠟燭還有電池。
check(v.)檢查enough足夠candle(n.)蠟燭battery(n.)電池
Leo: Alright, I’ll take your advice. Let’s swing by the supermarket after class.
里歐:好啦,我聽你的。我們下課後去超市一趟吧!
advice(n.)建議、忠告、不可數swing by順道去、路過supermarket(n.)超市
Fiona: Sure!
菲歐娜:好啊!