
是否會放颱風假
There’s a typhoon coming. Ben and Tina are chatting.
有個颱風來勢洶洶。班和蒂娜在聊天。
Ben: It’s official! We will have a day off because a typhoon is coming tomorrow.
班:已經確定了!明天放颱風假。
official(adj.)正式的、官方的because(conj.)因為tomorrow明天
Tina: It was only a matter of time.
蒂娜:也只是時間問題,早晚都會放假的。
a matter of time時間早晚問題
Ben: Why is that?
班:為什麼?
Tina: This one looks pretty strong. Its wind will blow people away.
蒂娜:這個颱風看起來不好惹。風大到會把人吹走。
strong(adj.)強勁的its第三人稱無生命或是動物的所有格blow away吹走
Ben: Yeah. Its eye is so clear. That’s not a good sign.
班:倒也是。它的颱風眼超級清晰,不是一個好兆頭。
clear(adj.)清晰的sign(n.)徵兆、訊號
Tina: I hope this will be the only typhoon coming this month.
蒂娜:我希望這是這個月唯一的颱風。
hope(v.)希望month(n.)月份
Ben: Well, we didn’t have any in July, so it’s hard to say.
班:嗯,七月一個颱風都沒有,所以很難說。
hard to say很難講、不好說
Tina: I know. We’d better get prepared.
蒂娜:我知道。我們最好做好防颱準備。
had better RV最好get prepared做好準備+for sth.
Ben: Yes. See you the day after tomorrow.
班:沒錯,後天見啦。
see you+未來時間、之後見the day after tomorrow後天
Tina: See you.
蒂娜:再見。