
期待南方新生活
Gina is a transfer student. Her classmate, Vick, is showing her around.
吉娜是新來的轉學生。她的同學維克正在帶她參觀校園。
show sb. around帶某人晃晃、熟悉環境
Vick: Welcome to North High. Sorry, the weather is not nice today.
維克:歡迎來到北高校。抱歉,今天天氣不太好。
Gina: It’s alright. I got accustomed to this kind of weather. I used to live in Scotland.
吉娜:不會。我已經習慣了這種天氣。我以前住在蘇格蘭。
get accustomed to sth.習慣、適應於used to RV以前做某事
Vick: That’s so far away!
維克:那也太遠了!
far away遙遠
Gina: Yeah. It’s always windy and rainy up there. So, I’m looking forward to the new life here down in the south.
吉娜:沒錯。每天都是大風大雨,所以我很期待在南方的新生活。
windy(adj.)風大up there在上方、在北方look forward to N.期待down in the south在南邊、下邊、south(n.)南方
Vick: It’s the wet season right now. When it is over, you will need to start putting on sunscreen or you’ll get sunburned.
維克:現在是雨季。雨季結束後,就真的要擦防曬乳,否則你會被曬傷。
wet season雨季=rainy seasonput on sunscreen擦防曬乳get sunburned被曬傷、get tanned曬黑
Gina: Can’t wait. I think I’ll get used to getting sunburned.
吉娜:等不及了。我想我會很習慣被曬傷。
get used to N. or Ving習慣於某事物
Vick: I’m not joking! Your skin will get hurt.
維克:我不是在開玩笑!你的皮膚會受傷啦。
skin(n.)皮膚get hurt受傷
Gina: Well, I am!
吉娜:嗯嗯,但我是在開玩笑!
Vick: Haha, you got me. It’s getting late. Let’s head back to the classroom.
維克:哈哈,被你唬到。時間不早了,我們回教室吧。
you got me被騙到了、唬住了get late變晚了head(v.)前行、前往