
爸媽不注意的時候
Fiona and Leo are talking about their Lunar New Year holiday.
菲歐娜跟里歐正在討論他們的新年假期。
holiday(n.)假期、go on holiday度假
Fiona: Hey, how was your holiday?
菲歐娜:嘿,年過得如何?
Leo: It was nice. I always enjoy spending time with my family.
里歐:不錯。我一直都很喜歡跟家人在一起。
always(adv.)總是spend time with sb.跟某人共度時光、spend time花時間
Fiona: Did you get a lot of red envelopes?
菲歐娜:你有收到很多紅包嗎?
Leo: Yes, but my parents took all of them away.
里歐:有,但我爸媽都拿走了。
parents父母、家長take away拿走
Fiona: That’s a bummer.
菲歐娜:真是掃興。
bummer(n.)令人不快的事、掃興的事情
Leo: Yeah, but…
里歐:但是⋯⋯
Fiona: But what?
菲歐娜:但是什麼?
Leo: My grandfather gave me an extra one when my parents weren’t looking.
里歐:我阿公趁我爸媽不注意的時候偷塞給我一個紅包。
extra(adj.)額外的
Fiona: What a clever man!
菲歐娜:真是聰明!
What a +N.真是個、表達驚嘆的句型clever(adj.)聰明的
Leo: Yes! My grandpa is the BEST!
里歐:沒錯,我阿公最棒了!
grandpa=grandfather阿公、祖父good-better-best(adj.)好的