
違禁食品
After a long flight from Germany, Tom finally arrives in Taipei. While passing through customs, he is stopped for a random bag check — and something inside surprises the customs officer.
湯姆從德國長途飛行抵達台北,正準備通過海關時,被抽查行李,沒想到裡面有件東西讓海關人員大吃一驚。
flight(n.)航班direct flight直飛航班/connecting flight轉機航班pass through通過(程序)、經歷(難關)random(adj.)隨機的surprise(v.)使驚喜
Customs Officer: Good afternoon, sir. We’re doing a random check today. Could you open your bag for me, please?
海關人員:先生,午安。我們今天做隨機抽查,請打開行李,好嗎?
Tom: Sure! No problem at all. I hope everything’s okay.
湯姆:當然!完全沒問題。希望一切沒事。
not at all一點也不
Customs Officer: Let’s see… hmm, what’s this? Are these sausages?
海關人員:讓我看看⋯⋯嗯,這是什麼?這些是香腸嗎?
sausage(n.)香腸
Tom: Oh! Yes… I brought them from Germany as gifts for my friends.
湯姆:喔!是的⋯⋯我從德國帶來當伴手禮給朋友。
buy sth. for sb.買某物給某人
Customs Officer: I’m afraid that’s not allowed. You’ll need to leave them here.
海關人員:恐怕不行。您必須把它們留下。
allow(v.)允許、准許allow/permit sb. to VR允許某人做leave(v.)留下(某種印象)
Tom: Oh no… I’m really sorry about that. I didn’t mean to break any rules.
湯姆:喔不⋯⋯真的很抱歉,我不是故意違規的。
mean to VR打算、故意做~break/follow rules違反/遵守規則
Customs Officer: That’s okay. These things happen. Please just sign this form and you’re free to go.
海關人員:沒關係,這種事常有。請簽一下表格,就可以離開了。
These things happen這種事常有sign(v.)簽名、簽署sign up for報名、註冊sign in/out登入、簽到/登出、簽退
Tom: Thanks for letting me know. I’ll be more careful next time.
湯姆:謝謝提醒。下次我會更小心。
Customs Officer: No problem. Enjoy your stay in Taipei!
海關人員:沒問題,祝您在台北玩得愉快!
stay(n.)停留、逗留hospital stay住院期間