
沒有光害
Victor and Amy are classmates. They are chatting.
維克多和艾咪是同學。他們正在聊天。
Victor: Hey, what did you do last weekend?
維克多:嘿,你上週末做了什麼?
Amy: I went to the mountains to watch the stars with my family.
艾咪:我和家人去山上看星星。
Victor: How was the night sky in the mountains?
維克多:山上的夜空如何?
Amy: It was amazing. I could see thousands of stars shining in the sky because there was no light pollution there.
艾咪:太驚人了。我可以看到數千顆星星在天空發亮,因為那裡沒有光害。
amazing(adj.)驚人的thousands of sth.數以千計的某物shine(v.)發光pollute(v.)污染pollution(n.)污染light pollution光害
Victor: Could you recognize any of the constellations? Orion is the only one I know.
維克多:你認得出星座嗎?獵戶座是我唯一知道的。
recognize(v.)認出、識別constellation(n.)星座Orion(n.)獵戶座
Amy: Me too. But we had a guide on this tour. He explained the arrangements and the stories of the stars.
艾咪:我也是。不過我們的行程裡有一位導遊。他解釋了星星的排列和故事。
guide(n.)(v.)導遊、指南、指引tour(n.)旅行、旅遊explain(v.)解釋、說明arrange(v.)安排arrangement(n.)排列
Victor: That was really cool! Did you see Polaris?
維克多:那真酷!你們有看到北極星嗎?
Polaris(n.)北極星
Amy: Yes. But it wasn’t the brightest one. We also saw Mars and Jupiter which were much brighter than Polaris. Do you want to see the pictures?
艾咪:有的。但它不是最亮的星星。我們也有看到火星和木星,它們比北極星還要更亮。你想看照片嗎?
bright(adj.)明亮的、鮮豔的、聰明的、樂觀的Mars(n.)火星Jupiter(n.)木星
Victor: Of course.
維克多:當然。
Amy: The guide used a professional camera, so you can see the starry night sky in the pictures.
艾咪:導遊用專業的相機拍照,所以你可以在照片裡看到繁星點點的夜空。
professional(adj.)專業的