
安心亞化身「反詐大使」
Jeremy and May are walking through Keelung MiaoKou Night Market on a busy weekend evening.
傑瑞米和梅在一個忙碌的週末夜晚漫步於基隆廟口夜市。
Jeremy: Wow, it is so crowded tonight! What is happening over there?
傑瑞米:哇,今晚人好多喔!那邊發生什麼事了?
crowded(adj)擁擠的crowd(n.)人群packed like sardines像沙丁魚一樣擁擠
May: Look! It’s Amber An! She is here to promote her new movie, “Sunshine Women’s Choir.”
梅:看!是安心亞!她來這裡宣傳她的新電影《陽光女子合唱團》。
promote(v.)宣傳choir(n.)合唱團=a choral society
Jeremy: She is so friendly! Look, she’s posing for photos with the police and fans.
傑瑞米:她好親切喔!妳看,她正在跟警察和粉絲合照。
pose for…為~擺好姿勢
May: Yes, she is helping the police warn people about scams.
梅:對啊,她正在幫警察提醒大家要小心詐騙。
warn sb. about sth.警告、提醒某人注意某事scam(n.)(v.)詐騙scam sb. out of sth.騙取某人某物scammer(n.)騙子=fraudster
Jeremy: That’s great. I heard there are many new scams lately. What did the police say?
傑瑞米:那太好了。我聽說最近有很多新型詐騙。警察怎麼說?
May: They said some scammers pretend to be calling from movie theaters. They ask you to use an ATM to “cancel a payment” or “give your bank details.”
梅:他們說有些詐騙集團會假冒成影城。他們會要求你操作ATM來「解除付款」或「提供銀行帳戶資料」。
pretend(v.)假裝pretend not to VR假裝沒有做payment(n.)付款make a payment進行付款/receive a payment收到付款down payment頭期款
Jeremy: Oh, I see. I should be careful. My phone sometimes gets strange calls.
傑瑞米: 喔,我懂了。我應該要小心一點。我的手機有時候會接到奇怪的電話。
May: Exactly! Amber An told everyone: “Don’t be fooled! If you are worried, call 165 for help.”
梅:沒錯!安心亞告訴大家:「不要被騙了!如果你擔心的話,撥打165尋求幫助」。
be fooled被騙、上當
Jeremy: She is so nice. Let’s go buy a ticket for her movie after we eat!
傑瑞米:她人真好。我們吃完飯後去買一張她電影的票吧!