
成人專屬口味
Elton and Elaine are friends. They are shopping.
艾爾頓和伊蓮是朋友。他們正在購物。
Elaine: Elton, do you want to buy some potato chips? It’s your favorite snack.
伊蓮:艾爾頓,你想買一些洋芋片嗎?那是你最喜歡的零食。
snack(n.)點心、零食
Elton: Of course. Oh, no. The flavor I like is out of stock.
艾爾頓:當然。噢,不。我喜歡的口味沒了。
flavor(n.)口味、味道out of stock缺貨in stock有庫存
Elaine: What a pity. By the way, did you know a Lithuanian company produces a special kind of adult potato chips with a sexy girl on the package?
伊蓮:真可惜。對了,你知道立陶宛的一家公司生產了一種包裝上有一個性感女孩的特殊成人洋芋片嗎?
what a pity真可惜、真遺憾produce(v.)製造adult(adj.)適宜成人的package(n.)包裝
Elton: It sounds weird. But I’m curious about what it would taste like.
艾爾頓:聽起來好詭異。但我好奇嚐起來像什麼。
weird(adj.)奇怪的、詭異的curious(adj.)好奇的taste(v.)嚐起來
Elaine: The advertisement said the chips are only for adults, but I’m not sure if it’s true or just a gimmick.
伊蓮:廣告說這洋芋片是成人專屬的,但我不確定是真的還是只是個噱頭。
advertisement(= ad)(n.)廣告adult(n.)成人gimmick(n.)花招、噱頭
Elton: I wonder why they would want to make chips like that.
艾爾頓:我想知道為什麼他們想研發那種洋芋片。
Elaine: The company said because young people nowadays are three times less likely to fall in love than their parents were at the same age, they made chips which can help people recall the feeling of being in love.
伊蓮:公司說因為現在的年輕人們墜入愛河的可能性與他們父母同齡時相比要低了三倍,所以他們研發出可以幫助人們回想起戀愛感覺的洋芋片。
fall in love墜入愛河、相愛recall(v.)回想起
Elton: Well, it’s a crazy idea.
艾爾頓:嗯,真是個瘋狂的想法。
crazy(adj.)瘋狂的
Elaine: I think so, too.
伊蓮:我也這麼覺得。
Elton: But it definitely will attract lots of attention when it is put on the market.
艾爾頓:但上市時一定很吸睛。
attract(v.)吸引attention(n.)注意力on the market上市