
進場的好時機?
Larry is checking the stock market. Adam is talking to him.
賴瑞正在看股市,亞當在跟他說話。
Adam: Why do you look so worried?
亞當:怎麼你看起來這麼憂心?
worried(adj.)擔憂的
Larry: Haven’t you heard the news about the stock market today?
賴瑞:你不知道今天股市發生什麼事嗎?
Adam: Sorry, I don’t pay attention to it.
亞當:不知道。我沒有很注意。
pay attention to sth.注意、關心
Larry: Well, the stock market took a beating today because of the coronavirus outbreak.
賴瑞:就是股市今天因為疫情的關係變成熊市。
take a beating下跌because of N.因為、由於outbreak(n.)爆發(戰爭、疾病)
Adam: I really don’t understand stocks. You’ll have to walk me through it.
亞當:我不太懂那是什麼意思,說人話。
walk through排練、講解
Larry: To put it simply, many stocks ended up in the red, including mine.
賴瑞:簡單的說,就是股市今天下滑到谷底,很慘,我買的股票也是。
to put it simply簡單的說end up最後如何in the red赤字、虧損、in the black獲利、a bull market牛市、a bear market熊市
Adam: Doesn’t that mean that it is the best time to buy?
亞當:這不就代表現在是進場的好時機嗎?
Larry: In theory, yes, but it might get worse. You never know.
賴瑞:理論上是,但你永遠不知道會不會再跌下去啊。
in theory理論上來說
Adam: I wouldn’t want to take the risk.
亞當:我才不要冒這個風險。
risk(n.)風險、take the risk冒著風險
Larry: Nobody wants to at the moment. I’ll just wait and see and hope the market gets out of this slump soon.
賴瑞:沒有人想。我再觀望一下好了,希望能止跌回升。
get out of 脫離、擺脫