
收拾爛攤子
George and Sandy are a couple. They are talking.
喬治和珊迪是一對情侶。他們正在說話。
Sandy: George, why are you still working? It’s time to sleep.
珊迪:喬治,你怎麼還在工作?睡覺時間到了耶。
George: I’m picking up the slack.
喬治:我在收拾爛攤子。
pick up the slack接替中斷的工作、收拾爛攤子pull your weight做好份內事
Sandy: Do you mean the team member you mentioned before?
珊迪:你是說之前提過的團隊成員嗎?
team(n.)隊、組; team up組成一隊、合作member(n.)成員; family member家庭成員; club member社團成員mention(v.)提到
George: Yes. It’s him again. Our team is responsible for an important project this month.
喬治:對啊。又是他。我們團隊這個月負責一個重要的專案。
responsible(adj.)負責的be responsible for負責~、掌管~project(n.)專案
Sandy: And what did he do?
珊迪:那他做了什麼?
George: He made a lot of mistakes, and he didn’t know how to fix them.
喬治:他犯了很多錯,而且還不知道怎麼修正那些錯誤。
mistake(n.)錯誤、過失make a mistake犯錯fix(v.)修理、修正
Sandy: Why didn’t you just tell him to stay behind and fix them?
珊迪:你為什麼不要叫他留下來修正呢?
stay behind留下不走
George: He wouldn’t. Although I don’t like his attitude, we are still a team. I have to help him.
喬治:他不會的。雖然我不喜歡他的態度,我們還是在同一個團隊。我必須幫他。
attitude(n.)態度、心態
Sandy: I understand. What did the rest of your team say?
珊迪:我瞭解了。你團隊的其他人怎麼說?
rest(n.)剩餘部分
George: As a team, they also have no choice but to help him.
喬治:作為一個團隊,他們也別無選擇只能幫他。
have no choice but to VR別無選擇只能~