
自創曲表演
Dylan and Nancy are friends. Nancy is filling out a form.
狄倫和南西是朋友。南西正在填寫表格。
fill out填寫form(n.)表格
Dylan: Nancy, what are you doing?
狄倫:南西,你在做什麼?
Nancy: I’m signing up for a singing contest. I finally plucked up the courage and decided to do it.
南西:我在報名歌唱比賽。我終於鼓起勇氣決定報名了。
sign up報名sign up for sth.報名某事pluck up (the) courage鼓起勇氣
Dylan: Really? When will the contest kick off?
狄倫:真的嗎?比賽什麼時候開始?
kick off開始
Nancy: Actually, there’s an audition before the contest. I’ve passed the first stage.
南西:其實在比賽前有個甄選。我已經通過第一階段了。
audition(n.)甄選、試鏡pass(v.)通過stage(n.)舞台、階段
Dylan: Congratulations! I’m so proud of you!
狄倫:恭喜!我真以你為傲。
proud(adj.)自豪的、驕傲的be proud of sb.以某人為傲
Nancy: And I want to sing my original song at the next stage, but I’m afraid that the judges won’t like it.
南西:我想在下一階段唱我的自創曲,但我害怕評審們不喜歡。
original(adj.)原作的、獨創的original drawing原畫original song自創曲afraid(adj.)害怕的judge(n.)評審、裁判
Dylan: Be confident! The melody in your song is beautiful. I really like it.
狄倫:有自信點!你自創曲的旋律很優美。我真的很喜歡。
confident(adj.)自信的melody(n.)旋律
Nancy: Thanks. I need to practice singing harder.
南西:謝啦。我需要更努力練習唱歌。
hard-harder-the hardest
Dylan: Is the audition open to the public? I want to watch it.
狄倫:甄選是有開放觀眾觀賞的嗎?我想去看。
open(adj.)開放的public(n.)公眾、民眾be open to the public對外開放
Nancy: Well, I need to check that.
南西:嗯,我需要確認一下。