
饒了我這次
Colin and Clare are a couple.
柯林與克萊兒是夫妻。
couple(n.)情侶、夫妻
Clare: Are you having an affair?
克萊兒:你是不是有外遇?
affair(n.)戀愛、風流韻事
Colin: What are you talking about?
柯林:妳在說什麼?
Clare: This is the third shirt that has lipstick on it.
克萊兒:這是沾上口紅的第三件襯衫。
third(det.)第三的
Colin: It’s probably yours.
柯林:那可能是妳的呀。
probably(adv.)可能、大概yours(pron.)你的、屬於你的
Clare: This is pink lipstick, and I don’t wear pink.
克萊兒:這是粉紅色口紅,我不擦粉紅色。
pink(adj.)粉紅色的wear(v.)穿、戴pink(n.)粉紅色
Colin: You’re mistaken, dear. I was just at a job function. I’ve never thought about having an affair.
柯林:親愛的,妳誤會了。我那時只是在一個工作聚會上,我從來沒想過要外遇。
mistaken(adj.)錯誤的、弄錯的just(adv.)只是、僅僅job(n.)工作function(n.)社交聚會never(adv.)從不、從未think(v.)思考
Clare: Do you really expect me to buy that? I’m moving out to stay with Emma.
克萊兒:你真的期待我會相信嘛?我要搬出去和艾瑪住。
really(adv.)確實、的確expect(v.)期待buy(v.)相信move(v.)搬家stay(v.)暫住、逗留
Colin: Come on! Let me off the hook this time, please?
柯林:拜託!饒了我這次,好嗎?
let(v.)讓off the hook脫離困境、脫身time(n.)次、回
Clare: In your dreams!
克萊兒:你做夢!
dream(n.)夢、夢境