
恐懼與浪漫
Josh and Amanda are colleagues. Josh is asking Amanda about his plan for a date.
賈許和阿曼達是同事。賈許正在詢問阿曼達關於約會計畫的事。
Josh: Hey, Amanda. I am going to have a date with Lily on Sunday. Can you take a look at my plan and give me some feedback?
賈許:嘿,阿曼達。我星期日和莉莉有個約會。你可以幫我看看我的約會計畫並給我點意見嗎?
have a date with sb.與某人約會give sb. feedback給予某人回饋
Amanda: Sure. Let me see. Well, a haunted house? Seriously?
阿曼達:當然。我看看。嗯,鬼屋?真的假的?
haunted(adj.)(鬼魂)經常出沒的haunted house鬼屋seriously(adv.)認真地
Josh: Yes, doesn’t it sound exciting? After going to the haunted house, I’ll take her to a dessert shop.
賈許:是啊,不覺得聽起來很刺激嗎?去完鬼屋之後,我會帶她去間甜點店。
exciting(adj.)刺激的、令人興奮的dessert(n.)甜點
Amanda: What kind of dessert shop?
阿曼達:什麼樣的甜點店?
Josh: Their cake is co-branded with the haunted house. There is some blood on the cake, but actually it’s just chocolate.
賈許:他們的蛋糕和鬼屋聯名。蛋糕上有一些血跡,但那其實是巧克力。
be co-branded with sth.與某物聯名blood(n.)血
Amanda: Wow. It sounds scary. What about the movie?
阿曼達:哇。聽起來真嚇人。那電影呢?
Josh: Oh, I’ve decided to watch a horror movie. It’s my favorite.
賈許:噢,我決定要看恐怖電影。那是我的最愛。
horror(n.)恐懼horror movie恐怖片
Amanda: It sounds like the theme of your plan for the date is “ghost and horror,” right?
阿曼達:聽起來約會計畫的主題是「鬼和恐懼」,是吧?
theme(n.)主題
Josh: Yep. Is there a problem?
賈許:是的。這樣有什麼問題嗎?
Amanda: Well, in my opinion, Lily won’t like it. I’ve known her for three years. Trust me, what she wants is a romantic date.
阿曼達:嗯,依我看來,莉莉不會喜歡的。我已經認識她三年了。相信我,她想要的是場浪漫的約會。
in one’s opinion依某人之見romantic(adj.)浪漫的、愛情的
Josh: But I really want to go to the haunted house.
賈許:但我真的很想去那間鬼屋。
Amanda: That’s you. You have to make a plan based on her preference, or she will definitely turn down your invitation next time.
阿曼達:那是你。你必須根據她的喜好擬定計畫,否則她下次絕對會拒絕你的邀約。
make a plan擬定計畫be based on以~為基礎preference(n.)喜好definitely(adv.)肯定、毫無疑問turn down拒絕invitation(n.)邀請invite(v.)邀請
Josh: Alright. I’ll think about it. Thanks.
賈許:好吧。我會想想。謝囉。