
不眠之夜
Jessica and Jordan are in the university cafeteria.
潔西卡與喬丹正在大學自助餐店裡。
cafeteria(n.)自助餐廳
Jessica: Hey, Jordan. What’s up? You don’t look so great.
潔西卡:嘿,喬丹。你好嗎?你看起來不太好耶!
Jordan: Hi, Jessica. No, I don’t feel so great, either. I couldn’t sleep last night.
喬丹:嗨,潔西卡。我不好,我也覺得不太舒服。我昨晚無法睡覺。
either(adv.)也could(aux.)能,可以
Jessica: Really? Did you stay up all night playing video games again?
潔西卡:真的嗎?你又整晚熬夜打電動嗎?
stay(v.)保持video game電玩遊戲
Jordan: No, I went to bed really early.
喬丹:不,我很早就睡了。
Jessica: What time did you go to bed?
潔西卡:你幾點睡的呢?
Jordan: 9pm, but I had a nightmare, and after that I just wasn’t tired. So I just watched movies until morning. What do you do when you can’t sleep?
喬丹:九點,但是我做了一個惡夢,在那之後我就不累了,所以我就看電影看到早上。妳睡不著時都做什麼呢?
nightmare(n.)噩夢,夢魘until(prep.)直到
Jessica: I like to read. That normally makes me really tired, but I always make sure I get enough sleep. It’s very important to sleep properly.
潔西卡:我喜歡看書。那通常會讓我很累,但是我總會確保我有足夠的睡眠。有正常的睡眠很重要。
normally(adv.)通常,一般地make(v.)使變得,使成為sure(adj.)確定的,肯定的enough(det.)充分,充足sleep(n.)睡眠properly(adv.)適當地
Jordan: How much do you normally sleep?
喬丹:妳一般都睡多少?
Jessica: 8 hours. I need to sleep at least 8 hours, or else I feel horrible.
潔西卡:八個小時。我需要睡至少八個小時,要不然我會感覺很糟糕。
at least至少or else否則,要不然horrible(adj.)極糟的
Jordan: I see. Maybe I should go to bed earlier. Anyway, I have to get to class, see ya!
喬丹:我懂了,可能我應該早點睡。對了,我必須去上課了,待會見。
see(v.)明白,知道maybe(adv.)可能,也許should(aux.)應該anyway(adv.)對了,無論如何
Jessica: Bye!
潔西卡:掰掰。