
與計程車對話
Tracey is taking a taxi to Rockefeller Center in New York City. Here’s her conversation with the taxi driver.
崔西正要搭計程車前往紐約市的洛克菲勒中心。以下是她與計程車司機的對話。
Tracey: Hi there! Can you take me to Rockefeller Center, please?
崔西:嗨!請問可以載我去洛克菲勒中心嗎?
Taxi Driver: Absolutely! Hop in, miss. How’s your day going?
計程車司機:當然可以!請上車,小姐。你今天過得如何?
hop in上車(一般交通工具)hop on上車(大型交通工具)hop off下車
Tracey: Pretty good, thanks! How about yours?
崔西:還不錯,謝謝!你呢?
Taxi Driver: Can’t complain.
計程車司機:還可以囉。
complain(v.)抱怨
Tracey: How much will it be to get to Rockefeller Center?
崔西:去洛克菲勒中心要多少錢呢?
Taxi Driver: About 15 bucks.
計程車司機:大約15元。
buck(n.)(美)元
Tracey: Alright, thanks.
崔西:好的,謝謝。
(After a moment...)
(過了一會兒……)
moment(n.)片刻
Taxi Driver: Here we are at Rockefeller. Where should I pull over?
計程車司機:我們到洛克菲勒中心了。要停在哪?
pull over靠邊停(車)
Tracey: Right by the big tree, please.
崔西:請停在大樹旁邊,謝謝。
Taxi Driver: You got it.
計程車司機:好的。
Tracey: Here’s 20 bucks for you.
崔西:這是給你的20元。
Taxi Driver: Thanks! Here’s your change, miss. Need a receipt?
計程車司機:謝謝!這是找你的零錢,小姐。需要收據嗎?
change(n.)零錢receipt(n.)收據
Tracey: No, thanks. You can keep the change.
崔西:不用了,謝謝。零錢你就留著吧。
keep(v.)保留、留著keep O. adj.維持~的狀態
Taxi Driver: Thank you! Enjoy your time at Rockefeller Center!
計程車司機:謝謝!祝你在洛克菲勒中心玩得愉快!