
臺灣好威~勇奪90面獎牌世界第三
Andrew and Una are friends.
安德魯跟烏娜是朋友。
Andrew: Hey, did you watch the Universiade closing ceremony yesterday?
安德魯:嘿,妳昨天有看世大運閉幕式嗎?
closing(adj.)結束的;收尾的ceremony(n.)典禮;儀式
Una: Oh, I was too busy to watch it.
烏娜:哦,我忙到沒空看啊。
Andrew: That’s too bad. It was worth watching.
安德魯:那太可惜了,很值得看的說。
worth(adj.)值得的;(n.)價值;重要性be worth doing sth.值得做某事
Una: I bet. But I did watch some of the games. Taiwan’s team did an awesome job!
烏娜:我相信。不過我是有看一些比賽。臺灣隊表現太棒了!
I bet(表理解)我相信;有同感awesome(adj.)極好的;令人讚嘆的
Andrew: Honestly, the performance of Taiwan’s athletes at this Universiade was just too good to be true.
安德魯:老實說,臺灣選手在這次世大運的表現真是好到不可置信。
honestly(adv.)誠實地;正直地performance(n.)表現athlete(n.)運動員;擅長運動的人
Una: Yeah. I guess no one expected that we would win so many medals.
烏娜:是啊,我想沒人預期我們會贏得這麼多獎牌。
expect(vt.)預計;期待medal(n.)獎章;獎牌
Andrew: I agree. I was really surprised and happy to hear that team Taiwan got 90 medals in total. There were 26 gold, 34 silver, and 30 bronze medals awarded to our athletes.
安德魯:我同意。聽到臺灣隊總共得到90面獎牌,我真是驚訝又開心啊!我們的選手獲得26面金牌、34面銀牌及30面銅牌。
agree(v.)同意;贊成total(n.)總數;(adj.)全部的;完全的;(v.)合計為award(v.)授予;(n.)獎
Una: That’s really incredible! I’m so proud of them!
烏娜:那真是太不可置信了!我真以他們為榮!
incredible(adj.)難以置信的;極好的proud(adj.)自豪的;驕傲的
Andrew: Me too. Even though it seemed like not many Taiwanese people were interested in the Universiade at the beginning, tickets for many events sold out later on.
安德魯:我也是。雖然一開始似乎沒有很多臺灣人對世大運有興趣,但之後許多賽事的門票都賣光了。
even though雖然;即使later on之後
Una: Yeah. Even the Universiade merchandise was very popular.
烏娜:是啊。連世大運週邊商品也賣得嚇嚇叫呢!
even(adv.)甚至;連merchandise(不可數n.)商品;貨物
Andrew: I’m glad that as the host country, Taiwan did pretty well this time.
安德魯:身為主辦國,我很高興臺灣這次辦得相當好。
host(n.)主辦方;主人;主持人;(v.)主辦