
二輪電影和展覽
Tim and Tess are planning for the weekend.
提姆與泰絲正在計劃週末假期。
plan(v.)計劃、規劃weekend(v.)週末
Tess: I can’t wait to go have a look at the library this weekend. It uses glass for its outer wall!
泰絲:我等不及週末要去看看這間圖書館了,它使用玻璃作為外牆呢!
wait(v.)等、等待look(n.)看、注視library(n.)圖書館use(v.)使用glass(n.)玻璃outer(adj.)外圍的wall(n.)牆壁、圍牆
Tim: It’ll be rainy on the weekend. Shall we come up with a workaround?
提姆:週末會下雨,我們要想個替代辦法嗎?
shall(aux.)將要、應該come up with sth.想出、提出workaround(n.)變通辦法、替代辦法
Tess: That’s a good idea. We should always have an alternative.
泰絲:好主意;我們總是要有備案。
idea(n.)主意、想法should(aux.)應該always(adv.)總是、一直alternative(n.)替代辦法
Tim: How about going to the second-run movies?
提姆:去看二輪電影如何呢?
second(det.)第二的run(n.)連續上演movie(n.)電影
Tess: That works for me, or we can visit an exhibition.
泰絲:我可以哦,或者我們可以去看展覽。
work(v.)有效、成功or(conj.)或是、或者visit(v.)拜訪、參觀exhibition(n.)展覽
Tim: That’s not bad. Let’s check out both the dollar movies and the exhibitions.
提姆:那也不錯;我們來看看有什麼二輪電影和展覽吧!
not bad不錯let(v.)讓check sth. out看看both(det.)兩個、兩者dollar(n.)元
Tess: The exhibitions feel boring.
泰絲:展覽感覺滿無趣的耶。
feel(v.)感覺、覺得boring(adj.)無趣的、乏味的
Tim: I’m interested in a movie: First Man. What do you say?
提姆:我對一部電影有興趣:登月先鋒。妳覺得呢?
interested(adj.)感興趣的say(v.)說
Tess: Cool! I’ll book the tickets!
泰絲:好啊,我來訂票。
cool(excl.)好極了、棒極了book(v.)預訂、預約ticket(n.)票、票券