
搭飛機超淡定!
Emma and Jake are on an airplane.
艾瑪與傑克在飛機上。
get on/off an airplane上/下飛機take an airplane搭飛機
Emma: Hey, look at that baby across the aisle.
艾瑪:嘿,你看走道另一邊的寶寶。
aisle(n.)走道
Jake: Oh yeah. Super cute.
傑克:喔對啊,超可愛的。
lovely(adj.)可愛的=adorable
Emma: And not making a sound!
艾瑪:而且一點聲音都沒有!
sound(n.)聲音make a sound發出聲音
Jake: I know, right? I was ready for some crying.
傑克:可不是嗎?我原本還做好會聽到哭聲的心理準備。
be ready for…準備好~cry(v.)哭泣cry for…哭著要~/cry over…為~哭泣
Emma: Same. But this one’s just chilling.
艾瑪:我也是。但這個寶寶超放鬆的耶。
chill(v.)放鬆、休息
Jake: Honestly, I think that baby’s doing better than I am.
傑克:說真的,我覺得那寶寶比我還穩。
honestly(adv.)老實說、誠實地
Emma: Haha, yeah. I need a nap too.
艾瑪:哈哈對啊,我也想小睡一下。
nap(n.)小睡、午睡take a nap小睡一下
Jake: Last time I flew, the baby behind me screamed the whole way.
傑克:我上次搭飛機,後面那個寶寶一路狂哭。
scream(v.)大叫the whole way全程、一路上
Emma: Ugh. Poor parents.
艾瑪:唉,爸媽好可憐。
Jake: These parents must have some kind of magic.
傑克:這對爸媽一定有什麼魔法。
kind of某種類型的
Emma: Or snacks. Snacks always help.
艾瑪:或是零食啦,零食真的很有用。
Jake: True. Maybe we should ask them for tips.
傑克:說得對,我們應該問他們育兒秘訣。
ask sb. for…向某人尋求~tip(n.)建議、小提示
Emma: Only if the baby stays this quiet till we land.
艾瑪:要是寶寶能安靜到降落,我就去問。
only if只有在~情況下才、除非till(conj.)直到=untilland(v.)降落
Jake: Deal. Let’s see who cracks first — you or the baby.
傑克:好啊。看你還是那寶寶誰先撐不住。
crack(v.)崩潰、受不了