
噩夢的一天
Vince and Vera are going home after work.
文斯和薇拉下班後正要回家。
home(adv.)回家、到家、在家after(prep.)在…之後work(n.)工作
Vince: How was work today?
文斯:今天工作如何呢?
today(adv.)今天
Vera: It was not good. I didn’t do well in my presentation.
薇拉:不太好;我簡報沒表現好。
Vince: Really? How come?
文斯:真的嗎?怎麼會?
really(excl.)真的、是嗎how come為什麼、怎麼會
Vera: At first, there was something wrong with the microphone.
薇拉:一開始,麥克風怪怪的。
at first起先、最初something(pron.)某事物wrong(adj.)錯誤的microphone(n.)麥克風
Vince: That happens a lot. The microphone needs changing.
文斯:那經常發生的,那支麥克風該換了。
happen(v.)發生a lot經常、非常need(v.)需要change(v.)換、更換
Vera: It was not the only problem. The speakers were not working, either.
薇拉:它不是唯一的問題。擴音器也壞了。
only(adj.)唯一的、僅有的problem(n.)問題speaker(n.)擴音器、喇叭work(v.)運轉either(adv.)也
Vince: That’s too bad. Did you ask for help?
文斯:那真糟糕!妳有請求幫助嗎?
bad(adj.)壞的、糟糕的ask(v.)詢問、問ask for要求help(n.)幫忙、幫助
Vera: Yes, I did. What’s worse, the computer froze up and the projector had some problems as well!
薇拉:我有。更糟的是,電腦當機而且投影機也有問題!
worse(adj.)更壞的computer(n.)電腦freeze(v.)凍結、結冰freeze up凍住projector(n.)投影機as well也
Vince: That’s alright. You’ll know what to do next time. Cheer up! Let me buy you a drink at the bar nearby.
文斯:沒關係的,妳下次就知道該怎麼做了。振作起來,讓我在附近的酒吧請妳喝杯飲料吧!
that’s alright沒關係know(v.)知道what(pron.)…的next(adj.)下一個的time(n.)回合、次cheer up高興起來let(v.)讓buy(v.)買drink(n.)飲料bar(n.)酒吧nearby(adj.)附近的
Vera: Thanks to you, I feel a lot better now.
薇拉:幸虧有你,我現在感覺好多了!
thanks to託…的福、幸虧、由於feel(v.)覺得、感覺now(adv.)現在