
草叢裡的驚喜
Jason and Elaine are a couple. Jason is in the garden.
傑森和伊蓮是一對。傑森在花園裡。
garden(n.)花園
Elaine: Are you done with the bushes?
伊蓮:你弄完草叢了嗎?
be done with sth.弄完bush(n.)草叢
Jason: Look what jumped into my hand!
傑森:看看什麼跳到我的手裡!
jump(v.)跳躍
Elaine: It’s a mantis!
伊蓮:一隻螳螂!
Jason: It folded its arms already.
傑森:看牠已經把雙臂彎起來了。
fold(v.)摺疊、unfold(v.)攤開
Elaine: No wonder people call it the praying mantis.
伊蓮:難怪英文叫祈禱的螳螂。
No wonder...難怪
Jason: Do people keep them as pets?
傑森:有人把螳螂當寵物養嗎?
keep a pet養寵物
Elaine: Yeah, but don’t get any funny ideas. We are not keeping it.
伊蓮:有,但不要誤會了,我們可沒有要養喔。
funny ideas胡思亂想、誤會
Jason: Please? We can just feed it bugs.
傑森:拜託?可以餵牠蟲子吃就好啦。
feed(v.)餵養bug(n.)小蟲
Elaine: No. That’s a hard no.
伊蓮:不,絕對不行。
a hard no堅決地否定
Jason: Alright. Off you go, little one.
傑森:好吧。快走吧,小傢伙。
Off you go.走吧、可以離開little(adj.)小的