
一對一烹飪課
Ellen and Chris are friends. One day, Chris called Ellen on the phone.
艾倫和克里斯是朋友。有一天,克里斯打電話給艾倫。
on the phone with sb.和某人講電話
Ellen: What’s up, Chris?
艾倫:怎麼啦,克里斯?
what’s up?打招呼、問候的說法
Chris: One of my colleagues invited me to a potluck this Saturday.
克里斯:我一個同事邀請我這週六去參加一人一菜的聚會。
colleague(n.)同事invite(v.)邀請
Ellen: That sounds like a lot of fun. What dish do you plan to bring?
艾倫:聽起來很有趣,你要帶什麼菜呢?
plan(v.)計畫bring(v.)帶來
Chris: You got me there. I never cook, so I have no idea how to prepare a dish.
克里斯:你考倒我了。我從不下廚,所以我不知道如何準備一道菜。
you got me there=I don’t know=I have no ideaprepare(v)準備
Ellen: I can teach you to cook a simple dish.
艾倫:我可以教你煮一道簡單的菜。
simple(adj.)簡單的
Chris: Really? That’ll be awesome.
克里斯:真的嗎?太棒了!
awesome(adj.)很棒的
Ellen: Let me see…how about Japanese style curry? It’s always a crowd-pleaser. And you can buy all you need at the grocery store.
艾倫:我想想…日式咖哩怎麼樣?大家總是搶著吃,而且你可以在雜貨店買到所有需要的東西。
curry(n.)咖哩crowd-pleaser受人喜愛的人或物
Chris: Are you sure it’s easy to make? I’m afraid to spoil the party if I mess it up.
克里斯:你確定很簡單嗎?我怕如果我搞砸的話,會壞了大家的興致。
spoil(v.)破壞mess sth. up把⋯搞砸
Ellen: Don’t worry. I can give you a one-on-one cooking class this Friday night.
艾倫:別擔心,這週五晚上我可以幫你上一堂一對一的烹飪課。
one-on-one一對一的
Chris: Thank you for saving my life. I’m counting on you now.
克里斯:太感謝你救了我一命,我就靠你囉!
count on sb.(sth.)依靠某人
Ellen: No problem! I am happy to help you.
艾倫:沒問題,我很高興能幫你忙。
be happy to Vr.很高興做⋯