
炸物與熬夜
Kate is Matt’s mother. They are talking.
凱特是邁特的母親。他們正在說話。
Matt: Mom, I got a pimple on my cheek! I’m so upset.
邁特:媽,我臉頰上有顆痘痘。好煩喔。
upset(adj.)心煩意亂的、沮喪的
Kate: It’s just a pimple. Everyone gets them.
凱特:只是顆痘痘而已。大家都會有。
Matt: But I will go back to school next Monday. I don’t want my classmates to see this ugly pimple.
邁特:但我下星期一要開學。我不想讓同學看到這顆醜陋的痘痘。
ugly(adj.)醜陋的
Kate: Then you should go to bed earlier. Don’t stay up late.
凱特:那你得早點睡。別熬夜。
early(adv.)早地stay up熬夜
Matt: Ok. I will go to bed early tonight.
邁特:好。我今晚會早點睡覺。
Kate: And don’t eat fried food. You had fried chicken yesterday, right?
凱特:還有別吃炸物。你昨天吃了炸雞,對吧?
fried(adj.)油炸的
Matt: Well, yes. What should I eat to avoid getting pimples?
邁特:嗯,對。我該吃甚麼才能避免長痘痘呢?
avoid(v.)避免
Kate: Vegetables and fruits. I know you don’t like them, but they’re good for your skin.
凱特:蔬菜和水果。我知道你不喜歡,但他們對皮膚很好。
vegetable(n.)蔬菜skin(n.)皮膚
Matt: Alright. I know I am a picky eater. What else can I do?
邁特:好吧。我知道我很挑食。我還能做什麼呢?
picky(adj.)挑剔的picky eater挑食的人
Kate: Go wash your pillowcase. Do you remember when you washed it last time?
凱特:去洗你的枕頭套。你還記得上次洗它是什麼時候嗎?
pillow(n.)枕頭pillowcase(n.)枕頭套remember(v.)記得、記住
Matt: Well, I can’t remember. I’ll do it right now.
邁特:嗯,我不記得了。我現在就去。
right now馬上、現在