
本人的身分證明
Richard is flying to San Francisco. He is at the check-in counter at Singapore Changi Airport.
理查正要飛往舊金山。他在新加坡樟宜機場的櫃檯辦理登機。
check in辦理登機或入住飯店的手續check-in(n.)辦理登機手續counter(n.)櫃檯
Richard: Hi! I want to check in for my flight to San Francisco, please.
理查:嗨!我想辦理飛往舊金山的登機手續。
flight(n.)航班、班機
Check-in Agent: Can I see your passport and flight ticket, please?
櫃檯人員:好的!請出示您的護照和機票。
flight ticket機票
Richard: Here you go.
理查:給你。
Check-in Agent: Wait a moment, sir. I just noticed something. Is this your wife’s passport?
櫃檯人員:等一下,先生。我注意到了一件事。這是您妻子的護照嗎?
notice(v.)注意到
Richard: Oh no! I’m really sorry about that.
理查:喔不!我真的很抱歉。
Check-in Agent: It happens sometimes, no worries. But for the check-in process, we need your own ID. Do you have your own passport with you?
櫃檯人員:沒關係,這偶爾會發生。但要辦理登機手續的話,我們需要您本人的身分證明。您有帶您的護照嗎?
happen(v.)發生identification(n.)身分證(明)=IDown(det.)本人的、自己的
Richard: I left my passport at home in a hurry. I didn’t realize I took my wife’s passport instead.
理查:我出門時走得匆忙,忘在家裡了。我沒意識到我拿了我老婆的護照。
leave(v.)(leave-left-left)遺留、留下in a hurry在匆忙中realize(v.)意識到instead(adv.)作為替代
Check-in Agent: Is there someone who can bring your passport to the airport?
櫃檯人員:有人能把您的護照送來機場嗎?
bring(v.)帶來、拿來
Richard: I can call my wife and ask her to bring my passport. Can you wait for a little while?
理查:我可以打給我老婆,請她把我的護照送來。你能等一會兒嗎?
ask sb. to RV叫某人做某事
Check-in Agent: Of course. Just come back to this counter when you have it, and we’ll help you with the check-in.
櫃檯人員:當然可以。您拿到護照後再回到這個櫃檯就行了,我們會協助您辦理登機。
help sb. with sth.幫某人做某事
Richard: Thanks for your understanding and help. I’ll call my wife right away. Hope she can come here soon.
理查:感謝你的諒解和協助。我馬上打給我老婆,希望她能儘快趕到。
right away馬上、即刻=right now