
害羞的人
Annie and Hank were at a birthday party for their colleague. Hank brought up the news he read yesterday.
安妮和漢克在他們同事的慶生會上,漢克提起一則他昨天讀到的新聞。
co-worker(n.)同事bring up=提起、提到
Hank: Did you see the news about a man who lost his job over a birthday party?
漢克:妳有沒有看到新聞說有一個男生因為生日派對而丟了工作?
lost(v.)遺失over(prep.)因為
Annie: I was about to say that! I can’t believe the company laid him off for that.
安妮:我才正要說這件事!我不敢相信公司因為這種原因解僱他。
about to正要
Hank: He was quite rude for leaving the party they held for him.
漢克:他離開了別人替他舉辦的派對,這確實不太有禮貌。
rude(adj.)粗魯無禮的動詞三態hold-held-held
Annie: But he said he didn’t want one.
安妮:但是他說過他不想要有派對了。
Hank: Who wouldn’t want a birthday party?
漢克:誰會不想要生日派對?
Annie: Maybe he doesn’t like to celebrate.
安妮:也許他不喜歡慶祝。
celebration(n.)慶典、慶祝會
Hank: I don’t understand. Parties are fun!
漢克:我不懂。派對很好玩啊!
Annie: I see where you’re coming from, but some people are really shy.
安妮:我理解你的出發點。但有些人真的很害羞。
shy(adj.)害羞的introvert(n.)內向者
Hank: I guess he doesn’t like a surprise.
漢克:我猜他不喜歡驚喜吧。
guess(v.)猜測