
賺到一輛機車
Monty and Cindy are friends. They are chatting.
蒙提和辛蒂是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Cindy: Monty, you got tanned! What did you do during the summer vacation?
辛蒂:蒙提,你曬黑了!你在暑假期間做了什麼?
get tanned曬黑summer vacation暑假winter vacation寒假
Monty: I had a part-time job in a pomelo orchard.
蒙提:我在柚子園裡打工。
pomelo(n.)柚子
Cindy: Really? What did you do there?
辛蒂:真的嗎?你在那裡做什麼?
Monty: I picked the pomelos on the trees and loaded them onto trucks. I also sorted them by size and quality.
蒙提:我在樹上摘柚子並把它們裝上卡車。我還按照尺寸和品質分類柚子。
pick(v.)採摘load(v.)裝載sort(v.)分類quality(n.)品質
Cindy: Well, that was a tiring job, especially in summer.
辛蒂:嗯,是個累人的工作,尤其是在夏天。
Monty: Yes. It took effort, but it was a worthy experience. I made lots of money.
蒙提:是啊。它很花體力,但這體驗很值得。我賺了很多錢。
take effort花力氣worthy(adj.)有價值的
Cindy: How much did you get?
辛蒂:你拿到多少?
Monty: I told my boss that I could carry the heaviest boxes of pomelos, so he gave me a raise. I earned enough money to buy a scooter.
蒙提:我跟老闆說我可以扛最重的柚子箱子,所以他幫我加薪。我賺的錢夠我買一輛機車了。
carry(v.)搬運、扛heavy-heavier-the heaviestgive sb. a raise加薪earn(v.)賺錢
Cindy: Wow. By the way, did you taste the pomelos there?
辛蒂:哇。對了,你有吃那裡的柚子嗎?
Monty: Of course. They’re very juicy. My boss was looking for other sales channels, so he also asked me to promote his pomelos on the internet.
蒙提:有啊。非常多汁。我老闆正在找其他的銷售管道,所以他也請我在網路上推銷他的柚子。
juicy(adj.)多汁的channel(n.)電視頻道、管道sales channel銷售管道promote(v.)推銷
Cindy: You really helped him a lot.
辛蒂:你真的幫他很多忙。