
超值週末度假
Katy and Sam are talking about holidays.
凱蒂和山姆正在聊假期。
Sam: The bank holiday is coming up. Are you planning to go anywhere?
山姆:國定假日快到了,妳計畫要去哪裡嗎?
be coming up即將發生plan(v.)打算,計劃anywhere(adv.)任何地方
Katy: Yes! I just booked a flight to Vietnam. You’ll never guess how much it cost me.
凱蒂:是啊!我剛剛才訂了去越南的航班。你永遠猜不到我花了多少錢。
book(v.)預約,預定flight(n.)航班,班機Vietnam(n.)越南guess(v.)猜測cost(v.)需花費
Sam: How much did it cost? Was it cheap?
山姆:它要花多少錢?很便宜嗎?
Katy: The whole trip only cost me one dollar!
凱蒂:整個旅程只花了我一塊錢!
whole(adj.)整個的,全部的
Sam: No way! That’s a steal. How did you find such a cheap ticket?
山姆:不可能吧!那非常便宜耶!妳怎麼找到這麼便宜的機票?
steal(n.)極廉價的物品,低價such(det.)這麼,如此
Katy: It’s all because of my credit card. Every time I use it to buy things I get points which are worth discounts on anything I want to buy later.
凱蒂:這全都是因為我的信用卡。每次我使用信用卡買東西,我會得到點數;這些點數讓我在之後買任何東西時都享有折扣。
point(n.)點worth(adj.)值…錢的be worth sth. 值得…discount(n.)打折,減價
Sam: You must have been saving up for a long time if you’re jet-setting for just one dollar.
山姆:如果妳只花一元就能可以搭飛機旅行,妳一定已經存了很長一段時間了。
save(v.)儲存,儲蓄,存錢if(conj.)假如,如果jet-set(v.)搭飛機環遊世界
Katy: I have. Now I can’t wait to kick back and relax on the beach for a few days.
凱蒂:是啊!我現在等不及要停下來並在海邊放鬆個幾天了。
kick back停下來,放鬆relax(v.)放鬆
Sam: You’ve certainly earned it!
山姆:這完全是妳應得的!
certainly(adv.)當然,確實,肯定earn(v.)掙得,贏得