
最幸運的室友
Phil and Ethan are roommates. Phil is making breakfast. Ethan just walked into the kitchen.
菲爾和伊森是室友。菲爾正在做早餐。伊森剛走進廚房。
make(v.)製作walk into走進
Phil: Morning! You’re up early!
菲爾:早安,起這麼早?
be up early早起床
Ethan: Morning! Yeah. What’s that smell? It made me come all the way to the kitchen from my comfy bed.
伊森:早啊,那是什麼味道?讓我忍不住離開被窩來到廚房。
smell(n.)氣味、味道comfy(adj.)舒適的
Phil: I’m toasting the bread.
菲爾:我在烤麵包。
toast(v., n.)烤麵包、吐司
Ethan: Do we still have some peanut butter left?
伊森:我們還有花生醬嗎?
peanut butter花生醬have…left還有…
Phil: Yeah. You can slap some on the toast.
菲爾:有,你可以塗一些在麵包上吃。
slap sth. on 抹些、迅速放置
Ethan: Yum. Are you making coffee?
伊森:好吃!你有弄咖啡嗎?
Phil: No, just tea. I’m trying to cut down on coffee.
菲爾:沒有,只有泡茶。我要少喝一點咖啡了。
cut down on sth.減量
Ethan: I’ll make some then.
伊森:那我來弄一些。
Phil: Do you want some eggs or slices of bacon?
菲爾:要不要一些蛋或是培根?
slice(n.)條bacon(n.)培根
Ethan: I’ll have one egg, sunny-side up, please. Aren’t you the nicest roommate?
伊森:荷包蛋,感謝。你真的是最棒的室友。
sunny-side up太陽蛋or荷包蛋、scrambled eggs炒蛋、poached eggs水波蛋、boiled egg水煮蛋
Phil: And you’re the luckiest roommate.
菲爾:那你就是最幸運的室友了。
lucky-luckier-luckiest(adj.)幸運的