
網紅新吃法
Peter and Susan are roommates. Peter is an American. It is past midnight, and Peter is in the kitchen.
彼得和蘇珊是室友,彼得是美國人。現在已過午夜,彼得在廚房裡。
past(prep.)指數量、時間的通過midnight(n.)午夜
Susan: Peter, why are you still up at this hour?
蘇珊:彼得,為什麼你這時候還沒睡?
up(adv.)起床的狀態
Peter: I was very hungry and couldn’t sleep, so I am going to cook myself instant ramen.
彼得:我好餓睡不著,所以我來為自己煮碗泡麵。
hungry(adj.)飢餓的
Susan: What’s up with the Japanese mayonnaise?
蘇珊:為什麼要日式美乃滋?
what’s up with sth.問某事的原因Japanese(adj.)日本的、日語的(n.)日本人、日語mayonnaise(n.)美乃滋=mayo
Peter: Oh, I saw an American YouTuber adding the mayo to his instant ramen.
彼得:喔,我看到一個美國網紅在他的泡麵裡加了美乃滋。
add(v.)加入
Susan: Mayo and instant noodles? It never crossed my mind.
蘇珊:美乃滋和泡麵?我從來沒想過。
instant noodles泡麵cross one’s mind閃過⋯念頭、想到⋯
Peter: I know. The way he cooked the noodles was weird, but many people said it turned out delicious. I thought it won’t hurt to give it a try.
彼得:對啊,他煮麵的方式很奇怪,但很多人都說很好吃,我覺得試一試也無妨。
weird(adj.)奇特的delicious(adj.)美味的it won’t hurt無妨、不會有什麼難處或不便give it a try試試看
Susan: How are you going to cook the noodles?
蘇珊:你打算怎麼煮麵?
Peter: While the noodles are cooked in the boiling water, you add one raw egg, Kewpie brand mayo, grated garlic, and the seasoning packet into the bowl. Mix them well. After the noodles are ready, add them straight to your bowl with enough boiling water to make the soup. Voilà! Have a taste.
彼得:當麵條在沸水中煮的時候,你在碗裡加入一個生雞蛋、丘比牌美乃滋、大蒜泥和調味包,把它們混合好,麵條煮好之後,把麵條直接放入碗中,加入足夠的熱水變成湯麵。好了,嘗嘗看吧!
boil(v.)煮沸、燒開raw(adj.)生的grate(v.)磨碎seasoning(n.)調味料mix(v.)使混合straight(adv.)直接taste(n.)一口
Susan: Wow. It tastes like real ramen from a restaurant. I don’t mind finishing the whole bowl.
蘇珊:哇,吃起來像真的拉麵一樣,我可不介意吃掉一整碗呢。
taste(v.)嘗don’t mind+Ving不介意⋯
Peter: Hey, that’s mine!
彼得:喂,那是我的!
mine(pron.)我的東西