
新學期開始了
Jason and Leslie are colleagues. They are having lunch.
傑森和萊斯莉是同事。他們正在吃午飯。
Leslie: Look at this picture! It’s my nephew’s first day of school.
萊斯莉:看看這張照片!這是我外甥第一天上學。
picture(n.)照片nephew(n.)姪子or外甥、niece(n.)姪女or外甥女
Jason: Oh! I almost forgot it’s September already.
傑森:哦!差點忘記已經是九月了。
already(adv.)已經
Leslie: My nephew was very nervous about his first day.
萊斯莉:我外甥對上學第一天其實非常緊張。
be nervous about sth.感到緊張
Jason: Did he tell you that?
傑森:他告訴你的嗎?
Leslie: Yes, he wanted my sister to take him to the classroom, but she couldn’t because of the pandemic.
萊斯莉:嗯嗯,他想要我姐姐帶他去找教室,但因為疫情的關係所以不能這樣做。
take sb. to somewhere帶某人去地方classroom(n.)教室because of or due to+N.由於
Jason: They had to wait outside and watch their kids go in on their own?
傑森:家長得在外面等,看孩子們自己離開?
on their own獨自、自己
Leslie: Yes. My sister cried a little.
萊斯莉:沒錯。姐姐小哭了一下。
cry(v.)哭泣
Jason: I remember that I also shed some tears on the first day.
傑森:我記得第一天我也流了一些眼淚。
remember(v.)記得shed tears淚流
Leslie: Oh, I didn’t know that you had kids.
萊斯莉:哦,我都不知道你有小朋友。
Jason: No, I mean my first day of school. I cried because I got lost.
傑森:不,我是說我自己上學的第一天。哭是因為我迷路了。
get lost迷路