
想呼攏過關的PS5
Owen just bought the new PlayStation 5. His sister, Lily, is talking to him.
歐文剛買了新的PS5。姐姐莉莉在跟他說話。
buy-bought(v.)買sister(n.)姊妹
Lily: Little brother! What are you doing?
莉莉:弟弟!你在做什麼?
little(adj.)小的、年紀小的brother(n.)兄弟
Owen: I’m setting up the new router.
歐文:我正在架新的路由器。
set up架設、設置
Lily: This? It doesn’t look like a router. It’s too big.
莉莉:這個嗎?它看起來不像路由器。這個太大了。
this=this router這台路由器
Owen: Are you kidding me? No, not at all.
歐文:你在跟我開玩笑嗎?才不會咧,一點也不大。
not at all=not big at all一點也不大
Lily: Also, it doesn’t have those two pointy things.
莉莉:而且它沒有那兩個尖尖的東西。
those那些pointy(adj.)尖尖的
Owen: Do you mean the antenna?
歐文:你說天線?
antenna(n.)天線
Lily: Wait a minute! This is a PS5, not a router. I’m not falling for it.
莉莉:等一下!這是PS5,不是路由器。我才不會被騙。
fall for被騙
Owen: Shhhh. Keep quiet about this. I beg you!
歐文:噓。不要揭穿我。我求你!
keep quiet about sth.保持秘密、低調beg(v.)懇求
Lily: I can’t believe that you tried to fool me. I’m going to tell mom.
莉莉:我真不敢相信你居然會唬爛我。我要告訴媽媽。
fool(v.)愚弄
Owen: Please don’t. I’ll give you twenty bucks. Also, I’ll cover for you the next time you do something wrong. How about that?
歐文:請別這麼做。我給你二十元。下次你做錯事的時候,我也會幫你瞞過去。如何?
buck=dollar美國口語中的元cover(v.)遮掩、覆蓋
Lily: Mmm. Deal.
莉莉:嗯。一言為定。
deal一言為定、成交=It′s a deal.