
二手店挖寶
Billy and Joni are friends. They are having a conversation.
比利和瓊尼是朋友。他們正在對話。
Billy: Hey Joni, you look happy! What’s up?
比利:嘿,瓊尼,你看起來很開心!怎麼了?
Joni: I just bought a nice dress from a second-hand shop.
瓊尼:我剛從二手店買了一件漂亮的洋裝。
second-hand(adj.)二手的
Billy: Really? That’s great! Can I see it?
比利:真的嗎?太好了!我可以看一下嗎?
Joni: Sure! Look, isn’t it pretty?
瓊尼:當然可以!你看,是不是很漂亮?
pretty(adj.)漂亮的pretty(adv.)相當地
Billy: Wow, it’s beautiful! The material is very special.
比利:哇,真美!這布料很特別。
material(n.)布料cotton(n.)棉silk(n.)絲wool(n.)羊毛linen(n.)亞麻
Joni: I know, right? And it fits so well.
瓊尼:對吧?而且穿起來很合身。
fit well很合身
Billy: How much did it cost?
比利:這多少錢?
cost(v.)價錢為、花費(n.)花費、成本sth. cost sb.某物花某人~
Joni: Only $20! It was very cheap.
瓊尼:只要20美元!超便宜的。
cheap(adj.)便宜的、小氣的
Billy: That’s a great deal! Where is this shop? I want to find some cool jackets.
比利:真划算!這家店在哪裡?我也想找些帥氣的夾克。
deal(n.)交易、協議make(do) a deal with sb.和~做交易jacket(n.)夾克
Joni: It’s a few blocks away on Elm Street. They have many nice things. You should go.
瓊尼:就在榆樹街那邊,走幾個街區就到了。他們有很多好東西。你應該去看看。
a few blocks away距離幾個街區
Billy: I will. Thanks for telling me, Joni!
比利:我會的。謝謝你告訴我,瓊尼!