
失蹤了45年
Dan and Laura are a couple. Laura is reading news on her phone.
丹跟蘿拉是夫妻。蘿拉在手機上看新聞。
article(n.)文章
Laura: Do you believe in miracles?
蘿拉:你相信奇蹟嗎?
believe in + (n.)相信
Dan: Well, it depends. If you’re talking about us winning the lottery, I hardly do.
丹:看情況耶。如果妳在說我們會中樂透的話,那我還真的不信。
It depends (on)視情況hardly(adv.)幾乎不=barely(adv.)
Laura: Check this out. An Indian guy disappeared 45 years ago, and his family all thought he died in a plane crash. Then one day, he suddenly showed up right in front of them.
蘿拉:你聽聽看這個。有位印度男子失蹤了45年,他的家人都以為他在一場空難中罹難了。結果有一天,他突然出現在他的家人面前。
check sth out去了解check out退房appear(v.)出現=show updie of死於疾病
Dan: That’s incredible! How was that possible?
丹:太令人不可置信了吧!這怎麼可能?
unbelievable(adj.)不可置信的impossible(adj.)不可能的
Laura: For some reason, the man missed the flight.
蘿拉:那個男人因為某些原因錯過了那班飛機。
miss(v.)錯過
Dan: But how come he never made it home?
丹:那他為什麼都沒回家?
How come=whyhome(adv.)回家
Laura: He wanted to become successful before returning, but he never made it.
蘿拉:他想出人頭地之後再回家,但他從來都沒有成功。
become,became,becomeconfident(adj.)有自信的return sth to歸還
Dan: At least he’s finally back together with his family.
丹:至少他現在與他的家人團聚啦!
at least至少
Laura: Well, I guess for his family, that’s really a miracle of a lifetime. Has any miracle also happened in your life?
蘿拉:嗯,我想對他的家人來說,這的確是生活中的奇蹟。那你人生中有發生過任何奇蹟嗎?
The joy of a lifetimeHave or has+p.p現在完成式
Dan: Of course! I met the love of my life three years ago.
丹:有啊,三年前遇到了我的真愛。
The love of my life一生摯愛
Laura: Aw, you’re so full of it.
蘿拉:哇⋯⋯你可真會講話。
full(adj.)充滿的be full of