
垃圾還是美好回憶
Sally is talking to her son, Buck, in his room.
莎利正在房間和她的兒子巴克說話。
Sally: Buck, what happened to your room?
莎利:巴克,你的房間是怎麼回事?
Buck: What’s wrong?
巴克:怎麼了嗎?
Sally: Why did you leave your books and clothes lying around on the floor and bed?
莎利:為什麼你把書和衣服到處亂丟在地上和床上?
leave(v.)使保留、使保持某狀態lie(v.)躺著around(adv.)(prep.)到處、周圍
Buck: Well, that’s fine.
巴克:嗯,那還好啦。
Sally: Can you tidy them up? And what about those pieces of paper? Just throw them away.
莎利:你可以整理一下嗎?還有那些紙呢?把它們丟了吧。
tidy(v.)整理、收拾tidy sth. up整理某物piece(n.)一件、一塊throw(v.)拋、扔throw sth. away丟掉某物
Buck: No! Those are letters from my friends and they contain memories of the good old days.
巴克:不行!那些是我朋友寫給我的信,有以前美好時光的回憶耶。
letter(n.)信件contain(v.)包含memory(n.)回憶、記性the good old days美好的往日時光
Sally: Well, they look like garbage. If you really care about them, then you should put them away.
莎利:嗯,它們看起來就像垃圾。如果你真的在乎的話,那你就應該把它們收好。
garbage(n.)垃圾、廢物care about sth.關心、在意某事put sth. away收拾好某物
Buck: Ok. I’ll do it later.
巴克:好啦。我等等就收。
later(adv.)稍後
Sally: Do it right now! I bet you will still be lying on the bed when I come back in an hour.
莎利:現在就收!我敢肯定我一小時後回來,你還是躺在床上。
right now立刻、馬上bet(v.)敢肯定、打賭
Buck: Alright. You know me so well.
巴克:好吧。你真了解我。