
環保概念攤位
My name is Daniel. My school celebrated its 50th anniversary last Saturday, and it held a school fair at the same time.
上週六我的學校慶祝50週年紀念,同時舉辦了園遊會。
celebrate(v.)慶祝anniversary(n.)週年紀念hold(v.)舉行,過去式為held
Every class had its own stand. Some were for snacks, and the others were for fun games.
每個班級都有自己的攤位,有些是小點心,其餘是好玩的遊戲。
stand(n.)攤位snack(n.)點心、零食
Three stands caught my eye. One was for fried fish balls, another was for wasabi popcorn, and the other was for drinks with strange flavors.
有三個攤位吸引我的目光,一個是炸魚丸,另一個是哇沙比爆米花,還有一個是奇怪口味的飲料。
catch one’s eye吸引某人的目光strange(adj.)奇怪的flavor(n.)口味、味道
Wasabi popcorn was the most interesting choice of snacks.
哇沙比爆米花是最有趣的零食選擇。
most(adv.)最
Our stand did not have attractive slogans or popular games.
我們的攤位沒有吸引人的口號或受歡迎的遊戲。
attractive(adj.)誘人的、有魅力的slogan(n.)口號
But I think we carried an important message, that was to protect our environment.
但是我認為我們傳達一個很重要的訊息,那就是保護我們的環境。
carry(v.)傳遞、傳達message(n.)訊息,massage(n.,v.)按摩protect(v.)保護
In our stand, if the customers used their own utensils or food containers, we gave them a big discount.
在我們攤位,如果顧客使用自己的餐具或容器,我們會給他們很優惠的折扣。
customer(n.)顧客utensil(n.)餐具container(n.)容器discount(n.)折扣
We hoped that it would encourage them to give up using disposable plastic.
我們希望這樣能鼓勵他們不要使用一次性塑膠製品。
encourage(v.)鼓勵give up+Ving 放棄做⋯disposable plastic一次性塑膠製品
The result was not good enough, but we will keep trying.
成果不盡理想,但我們會繼續嘗試。
result(n.)結果、成果keep+Ving繼續⋯
All in all, the school fair was a lot of fun, and I had a great time.
整體來說,園遊會很好玩,我玩得很開心。
all in all=on the whole整體來說fun(n.)樂趣have a good(great) time玩得很高興