
官網標錯價
Peggy and Johnson are at a jewelry store choosing their wedding rings.
佩姬和強森在珠寶店挑選他們的結婚戒指。
jewelry(n.)珠寶a piece of gold(silver) jewelry一件金飾(銀飾)
Peggy: I’m excited to be picking out our wedding rings today!
佩姬:今天要挑選我們的結婚戒指,我好興奮!
pick out認真挑選
Johnson: Me too! By the way, have you heard about a guy who got some really cheap earrings from Cartier?
強森:我也是!順便問一下,你聽說過有人從卡地亞買到很便宜的耳環嗎?
Peggy: No, what’s the story?
佩姬:沒有,怎麼回事?
Johnson: Well, he was looking at Cartier’s website and came across a pair of 18K rose gold diamond earrings. The earrings were originally priced at $13,000, but they were selling for just $13!
強森:嗯,他在卡地亞的網站上偶然看到一對18K玫瑰金鑽石耳環。耳環原價13,000美元,但卡地亞只賣13美元!
come across碰巧看到price(v.)標價
Peggy: No way!
佩姬:不可能!
Johnson: Yeah, he bought them, but then Cartier tried to cancel the order.
強森:是啊,他買了,但後來卡地亞試圖取消訂單。
order(n.)訂單place an order下單(make an order)be on order訂購中
Peggy: That’s so strange! Did he receive the earrings?
佩姬:太奇怪了!他有沒有收到耳環?
receive(v.)收到
Johnson: Yup, after a lot of back and forth, they finally sent him the earrings. He’s one lucky guy.
強森:有,經過一番波折後,卡地亞總算把耳環寄給他。他真是個幸運的傢伙。
back and forth來來回回finally(adv.)最後、總算The best of luck in(with) your exams!
祝你考試順利!
Peggy: Sometimes mistakes work out for the best, huh? Anyway, which ring do you like?
佩姬:有時候錯誤反而成了最好的結果,對吧?好了,你喜歡哪一款戒指?
mistake(n.)錯誤、失誤work out 好轉、鍛煉身體
Johnson: I like the simple gold one. What about you?
強森:我喜歡那款簡單的金戒指。你呢?
Peggy: I prefer the one with a small diamond. It’s so pretty.
佩姬:我比較喜歡那款有小鑽石的。它太漂亮了。
prefer A to B 比較喜歡A而不是B
Johnson: Great choice! Let’s go with the one you like.
強森:選得好!我們就選你喜歡的那款。
go with接受、同意~