
你沒吃晚餐嗎?
It’s 10:30 pm. Vince just got back from work.
現在是晚上十點半,文斯剛剛才下班回家。
pm=下午just(adv.)剛剛、剛才get back回來、返回work(n.)工作
Vince: I’m home!
文斯:我回來了!
home(adv.)回家、到家
Vicky: Hey, how was work today?
維琪:嘿,今天工作如何呢?
today(adv.)在今天
Vince: It was fine. Hey, I’m going to make some fried rice. Do you want some?
文斯:還不錯囉。嘿,我要做些炒飯,妳要吃一些嗎?
fine(adj.)好的make(v.)做、製作some(det.)一些fried(adj.)炒的、煎的、炸的rice(n.)米、米飯some(pron.)一些
Vicky: Sure, I’ll have some, but didn’t you have dinner already?
維琪:好啊,我吃一些,但你不是已經吃過晚餐嗎?
sure(adv.)當然have(v.)吃、喝already(adv.)已經、早已
Vince: We had a company dinner tonight, but when I got to the restaurant, there was only a little food left.
文斯:今天我們公司聚餐,但當我到達餐廳時,只剩下一點點食物了。
company(n.)公司tonight(adv.)在今晚when(conj.)當…時get(v.)到達restaurant(n.)餐廳only(adv.)只有、僅僅a little一點點food(n.)食物leave(v.)留下、剩下
Vicky: Poor thing. What did you have?
維琪:可憐的傢伙,你吃了什麼?
poor(adj.)可憐的thing(n.)人、傢伙、東西
Vince: I just had some chicken, greens, and lots of beer! That’s it!
文斯:我只吃了一些雞肉、蔬菜、和很多啤酒!就這些!
just(adv.)只是、僅僅chicken(n.)雞、雞肉greens(n.)綠色蔬菜lots of許多beer(n.)啤酒
Vicky: Alright, I’ll do the cooking. You can have a shower first.
維琪:好吧,我來炒飯,你先去沖個澡吧。
alright(adv.)好的、可以do(v.)做飯、準備、烹製shower(n.)沖澡first(adv.)首先
Vince: That’s sweet of you! Thanks!
文斯:妳真貼心,謝啦!
sweet(adj.)討人喜歡的thanks(excl.)謝謝