
明天改搭捷運
Today’s commute to work was really horrible!
今天上班的通勤真是糟透了!
commute to somewhere通勤到某處horrible(adj.)極糟的、令人不快的It’s such a nightmare.也可形容事情很糟糕
There wasn’t just one thing that went wrong.
不只有一件事情出了問題。
Instead, it was more or less everything during the time I was driving to work.
反倒在我開車上班的這段時間裡,幾乎所有事情都出了差錯。
instead(adv.)作為替代、反而、卻instead of後面接名詞或動名詞more or less大致上、或多或少
If I had known this before I left my house, I probably would have just taken the MRT.
如果我在出門前就知道這一切,我可能會選擇搭捷運。
beforehand(adv.)事先與過去事實相反的假設:if+主詞+過去完成式, 主詞+would+現在完成式
When I left the garage, it seemed just like a normal morning.
當我離開車庫時,一切似乎和平常的早晨沒什麼兩樣。
There was traffic like usual, but it wasn’t heavy…until I crossed the bridge into Taipei.
交通像往常一樣,並沒有塞車⋯⋯直到我過橋進入台北。
traffic(n.)交通、貿易、買賣、非法交易(v.)做非法交易e.g. He has trafficked in drugs for many years.他販賣毒品多年not…until…直到…才…
While I was waiting in line to get off the bridge, one of the cars in front of me broke down.
當我排隊等待下橋時,在我前方的一輛車拋錨了。
break down故障、壞掉
Because there was only one exit lane, none of the other cars behind it could pass.
因為只有一條出口車道,後面的車都無法通過。
lane(n.)小巷、小街、胡同exit(n.)出口none(pron.)沒有一個
All I could do was sit and wait…and wait…and wait.
我只能坐著等⋯⋯等待⋯⋯再等待。
After waiting for more than 15 minutes, a truck arrived to tow the car away, and I was on my way again.
等了超過15分鐘後,一輛拖車來把故障的車子拖走,我才又繼續前進。
tow(v.)拖吊
However, during the next part of my drive, I turned onto a street that was being repaired.
然而,在接下來的路程中,我轉進了一條正在施工的街道。
repair(v.)維修、修理repairman(n.)修理人員under construction施工中
So I had to wait for another 15 minutes to drive the last three blocks to work.
於是我又得等上15分鐘,開過最後三個街區到達公司。
Sitting in traffic for all of the time was horrible!
堵在路上的時間太可怕了!
At least I still arrived at work on time.
至少我還是準時到達了公司。
I think I’ll take the MRT tomorrow, so I can relax a little during my commute.
我想明天我會搭捷運,這樣我就可以在上下班途中放鬆一下了。