
打翻咖啡
Henry is Holly’s younger brother.
亨利是荷莉的弟弟。
young(adj.)年輕的brother(n.)兄弟
Henry: Hey, what are you up to?
亨利:嘿,妳在做什麼?
be up to sth.正在做…
Holly: I’m making Christmas cards.
荷莉:我正在做聖誕卡片。
make(v.)做、製作card(n.)卡片、賀卡
Henry: Do you need my help?
亨利:需要我幫忙嗎?
need(v.)需要help(n.)幫忙、幫助
Holly: You wanna help? Are you sure you’re not gonna make a mess?
荷莉:你想幫忙?你確定不是要製造髒亂?
wanna=want tohelp(v.)幫忙sure(adj.)確定的gonna=going tomess(n.)髒亂、雜亂
Henry: Trust me, okay? What can I get you? A box cutter? Crayons? Glue? Or scissors?
亨利:相信我,好嗎?我可以幫你拿什麼?美工刀?蠟筆?膠水?還是剪刀?
trust(v.)相信get(v.)取來、拿來box cutter(n.)美工刀crayon(n.)蠟筆glue(n.)膠水scissors(n.)剪刀
Holly: I need those markers and double-sided tape.
荷莉:我需要那些麥克筆和雙面膠。
marker(n.)記號筆double(adj.)兩倍的、成雙的side(n.)面、側面tape(n.)膠帶
Henry: No problem. Here you go! Oops! I didn’t mean to spill your coffee, sorry.
亨利:沒問題;在這裡!哎喲!我不是故意打翻妳的咖啡,抱歉。
problem(n.)問題here(adv.)在這裡oops(excl.)哎喲mean(v.)有意、打算spill(v.)使灑出、使濺出sorry(adj.)抱歉的
Holly: Ughhh! Don’t you have anything better to do?
荷莉:啊!!你沒有正事要做嗎?
ugh(excl.)唉呀、啊anything(pron.)任何事物better(adj.)更好的、較好的
Henry: I kill time for a living.
亨利:浪費時間就是我的正事。
kill(v.)殺死、弄死time(n.)時間living(n.)收入、生計