
好心有好報
Kevin and Jane are fresh college graduates. They are having a conversation.
凱文和珍是剛畢業的大學生。他們正在交談。
graduate(n.)畢業生graduate(v.)畢業
Kevin: Hey Jane, how’s your job search going?
凱文:嘿,珍,找工作進展如何啊?
search(n.)查找、搜尋How is ... going?~的情況(進展)如何?
Jane: It’s alright. How about you?
珍:還可以囉,你呢?
Kevin: I’ve been applying everywhere. By the way, have you heard about this heartwarming story that took place in Taichung?
凱文:我一直在到處投履歷。對了,你有聽說台中發生了一個感人的故事嗎?
apply(v.)申請、應徵、使用、應用take place發生、舉辦
Jane: No, what happened?
珍:沒有耶,發生什麼事了?
Kevin: Well, there’s a recent grad from Changhua University of Education. She was on her way to a job interview in Taichung when she saw an elderly man collapse on the sidewalk. She called emergency services right away and stayed with him until help arrived.
凱文:嗯,有個剛從彰師大畢業的學生,她去台中面試工作,途中看到一位老伯伯在人行道上倒下。她馬上打電話叫救護車,一直陪伴他到救援抵達。
on one’s way to…去~的路上interview(n.)面試interview(v.)採訪elderly(adj.)年長的the elderly(n.)老人(統稱)pass out昏倒right away馬上
Jane: Wow, that’s so kind of her! Did she make it to her interview on time?
珍:哇,她人真好!她最後有準時去面試嗎?
make it到達、趕上、成功完成
Kevin: Actually, no. She was 20 minutes late, but she messaged the company explaining the situation. Surprisingly, the boss still let her interview and even hired her in the end.
凱文:其實沒有耶,她遲到了20分鐘,不過她有傳訊息跟公司解釋情況,老闆竟然還是讓她面試,最後還錄取她了。
message(v.)傳訊息message(n.)訊息leave a message留訊息get a message接收訊息hire(v.)雇用、聘用in the end最後
Jane: Wow, talk about good karma! She really deserves that job.
珍:哇,這就是好心有好報啊!她真的應該得到那份工作。
good karma對他人善良行為的回報deserve(v.)值得、應該得到
Kevin: Definitely. It’s uplifting to hear stories like this, you know?
凱文:沒錯,聽到這樣的故事真鼓舞人心,你知道嗎?
Jane: Absolutely. It makes you believe in people again.
珍:的確。它讓你重新相信人性。
believe in信任(理念、信仰、價值觀)