
有趣的生物老師
Amanda and Louis just got out of biology class. They are chatting.
亞曼達和路易斯剛上完生物課,他們正在聊天。
get out of離開
Amanda: I have trouble remembering anything from biology class.
亞曼達:我完全記不住生物課上學的任何東西。
have trouble Ving做某事有困難=have difficulty Ving=have a hard time Ving
Louis: Me too. Everything keeps slipping my mind.
路易斯:我也是,我一直忘記上課內容。
slip(v.)溜走、滑掉slip one’s mind忘記了my mind go blank腦袋空白、完全想不起來
Amanda: I wish there were a better way to learn biology than just reading the boring textbook.
亞曼達:真希望有比讀教科書更好的方法來學生物。
wish(n.)願望(v.)但願、祝福We wish you a merry Christmas.我們祝你聖誕快樂wish但願,動詞用過去式,be動詞用weretext(n.)文字
Louis: Actually, there is. A Spanish biology teacher taught her anatomy lesson in a human organ jumpsuit.
路易斯:其實有耶,有一個西班牙生物老師為了教人體解剖學,在課堂上穿著人體器官連身衣講課。
teach-taught-taught教導anatomy(n.)解剖學、解剖構造organ(n.)器官stomach(n.)胃brain(n.)大腦liver(n.)肝臟lung(n.)肺guts(n.)腸子、膽量
Amanda: You mean a bodysuit printed with pictures of all the organs inside the human body?
亞曼達:你是說連體緊身衣上印滿了人體器官的圖片嗎?
print(v.)印刷
Louis: Yeah, it looked just like if you could see through the skin and see all the organs and muscles.
路易斯:對呀,看起來就像透視皮膚,然後看到裡面的器官跟肌肉一樣。
see through看穿、看透muscle(n.)肌肉
Amanda: Wow, sounds like an interesting class! With such a creative teaching method, she must have really kindled the students’ interest in anatomy.
亞曼達:哇,這堂課聽起來很有趣耶。這位老師的教學方法這麼有趣,她的學生一定對解剖學感到很有興趣。
creative(adj.)有創意的create(v.)創造method(n.)方法、方式=waykindle(v.)燃起、激發=inspire
Louis: Yeah, I really envy her students. I wish our biology class could be that interesting.
路易斯:是呀,我好羨慕她的學生喔,真希望我們的生物課也能這麼有趣。
envy sb.羨慕、忌妒誰could(aux.)can的過去式