
美好的晚餐
Toby and Tiffany are dining at a restaurant.
托比和蒂芬妮正在一間餐廳用餐。
dine(v.)吃正餐restaurant(n.)餐廳
Toby: My appetizer is fresh and light. How about yours?
托比:我的開胃菜新鮮又清淡;妳的呢?
appetizer(n.)開胃菜fresh(adj.)新鮮的light(n.)清淡的yours(pron.)你的
Tiffany: Mine is spicy, but delicious.
蒂芬妮:我的是辣的,但很好吃!
spicy(adj.)辣的delicious(adj.)美味的
Toby: That’s great! Could you pass me the salt, please?
托比:那很棒哦!可以請妳把鹽遞給我嗎?
could(aux.)可以、能pass(v.)傳遞、傳送salt(n.)食鹽
Tiffany: Sure, but what do you need the salt for?
蒂芬妮:當然,但你需要鹽要做什麼呢?
sure(adv.)當然
Toby: It’s for my steak. I like having steak with a little salt.
托比:要用在我的牛排上;我喜歡吃牛排加點鹽巴。
steak(n.)牛排a little一點點
Tiffany: I see. My lamb chops are juicy and tender!
蒂芬妮:了解。我的羊排多汁又軟嫩呢!
see(v.)明白、了解lamb(n.)羊肉、羔羊chop(n.)排骨juicy(adj.)多汁的tender(adj.)嫩的、軟的
Toby: So is my steak! I can’t wait to try their desserts.
托比:我的牛排也是耶;我等不及要嚐嚐甜點了。
so(adv.)同樣、像這樣wait(v.)等、等待try(v.)嚐試dessert(n.)甜品、甜食
Tiffany: Same here. Let’s take our parents to dinner here next time.
蒂芬妮:我也是。下次我們帶爸媽來這裡吃晚餐。
let(v.)讓take(v.)帶…去…parent(n.)父親、母親here(adv.)在這裡next(adj.)下一個的time(n.)次、回
Toby: You bet!
托比:當然囉!
you bet當然