
嘆為觀止的運河夜景
Kevin and Jody are classmates. They are chatting.
凱文和裘蒂是同學,他們在聊天。
Kevin: How was your family trip to Tainan during the Mid-autumn Festival?
凱文:你們中秋節期間去臺南的家族旅遊如何啊?
a trip to+地方=到⋯旅行
Jody: Good. I had been marking off the days on the calendar since my mom told us about the trip.
裘蒂:很棒啊。自從我媽媽告訴我們有這個旅行以來,我一直期待著呢。
過去完成進行式=had been +Vingmark off在⋯上做記號calendar(n.)日曆
Kevin: I know. What did you guys do?
凱文:我知道,你們做了什麼活動?
Jody: We took a boat trip in Anping Canal. I had been dreaming for a long time about seeing the buildings and bridges all lit up at night.
裘蒂:我們坐船遊覽安平運河,我夢想著看到建築物和橋樑在晚上全部亮起來很久了。
canal(n.)運河dream(v.)夢想、嚮往,dream about(of)+名詞(Ving)light(v.)點燃、變亮
Kevin: Did you see the full moon?
凱文:你們有看到滿月嗎?
full moon滿月
Jody: Yes, we did. The night view along the canal was breathtaking.
裘蒂:有啊,運河沿岸的夜景真是嘆為觀止。
view(n.)景色breathtaking(adj.)令人屏息的、嘆為觀止的
Kevin: That sounds great.
凱文:聽起來很不錯。
Jody: On the first night, my family and I were going to see a show after dinner. But my parents got a little carried away by drinking too much. Although I had been keeping an eye on the time, we still missed the first half of the show.
裘蒂:第一天晚上,我和家人打算吃過晚飯去看一場演出,但是我爸媽因為喝太多酒有點太興奮了,雖然我一直注意著時間,我們還是錯過了上半場表演。
get carried away得意忘形drink(v.)喝酒keep an eye on sb.(sth.)注意某人(某事)miss(v.)沒趕上
Kevin: Oh, that’s a bummer.
凱文:喔,真是掃興。
that’s a bummer真掃興
Jody: Yeah, but that’s all right. We still had a good time.
裘蒂:是啊,不過沒關係啦,我們還是玩得很開心。
have a good time玩得很開心、愉快