
暴跳如雷的妻子
Owen and Ben are colleagues. They are smoking.
歐文和本是同事。他們在抽煙。
smoke(v.)抽菸
Owen: Ow! My back is killing me.
歐文:哦!我的背好痛。
kill(v.)使痛苦
Ben: You didn’t sleep well last night?
本:你昨晚沒睡好?
sleep-slept(v.)睡覺
Owen: I slept on the couch last night.
歐文:我昨晚睡在沙發上。
couch沙發
Ben: Was your wife mad at you again?
本:你的妻子又生你的氣了嗎?
be mad at sb.對某人生氣
Owen: Yeah. She had a face like thunder last night.
歐文:沒錯。昨晚她暴跳如雷,超級生氣。
Ben: What happened?
本:怎麼了?
Owen: She found out about my credit card bill.
歐文:她找到我的信用卡帳單。
find out發現credit card信用卡bill(n.)帳單
Ben: That’s not good. You should do something special for her.
本:這很糟糕。你應該為她做些特別的事。
special(adj.)特別的
Owen: Like what?
歐文:像是什麼?
for example像是、比方說什麼
Ben: Sing her a romantic number. She’ll come around.
本:唱首浪漫情歌給她聽,她就會回心轉意啦。
romantic(adj.)浪漫的number(n.)歌曲、數字come around回心轉意、改變想法