
惱人的噪音
Henry and Hailey are housemates.
亨利和海莉是室友。
Hailey: Shall we order takeout for dinner tonight?
海莉:我們晚餐要訂購外送嗎?
takeout(n.)外賣的飯食
Henry: Sounds like a good idea. It’s chilly out there.
亨利:聽起來是不錯的主意,外面很冷呢。
chilly(adj.)寒冷的=cold
Hailey: You know that some communities in Australia are getting their takeout delivered by drones, right? Isn’t that pretty cool?
海莉:你知道澳洲有些地方有無人機外送的服務了嗎?那超酷的吧?
community(n.)社區deliver(v.)遞送、運送=bring, carry, transportget V-pp 被動語態(被…)
Henry: So instead of an actual delivery guy, they use a drone to deliver stuff? I gotta say, that’s brilliant!
亨利:他們取代用外送員,使用無人機送貨嗎?我必須說,那非常棒呢!
instead of而不是…actual(adj.)真正的、真實的=realgotta=have got to=have to必須brilliant(adj.)聰明的
Hailey: Totally. Currently, drones are being used to deliver items such as freshly-baked buns from bakeries, coffee, gelato, and even prescriptions from pharmacies.
海莉:是啊,現在無人機能遞送麵包店剛出爐的麵包、咖啡、義式冰淇淋、甚至是藥局的處方藥等等貨物呢。
totally(adv.)完全地be V-pp 被動語態(被…)freshly(adv.)剛剛prescription(n.)藥方、處方、處方藥pharmacy(n.)藥局
Henry: I wish I was in an area where I could use this drone delivery service!
亨利:真希望我能在那裡享有這種服務。
wish(v.)希望、但願I wish I were 假設語氣(我希望…)area(n.)地區、區域
Hailey: But there is downside to all this. A lot of residents have been complaining about the noise that the drones make in their neighborhoods when they travel back and forth.
海莉:但這種情況還是有缺點。許多居民持續在抱怨當無人機來來回回飛行時,在社區發出的噪音。
downside(n.)不利的一面、不利因素=disadvantage, problem, drawbackresident(n.)居民have been V-ing 現在完成進行式(持續…)complain about sth.抱怨某事neighborhood(n.)鄰近地區、住宅區=community, districttravel(v.)行進back and forth來回地、來來回回
Henry: Yes, that would be annoying.
亨利:對耶,那真是滿惱人的。
annoying(adj.)惱人的、討厭的
Hailey: So they’re working on developing quieter drones now. Anyway, what should we order?
海莉:因此他們正在努力研發低噪音的無人機。對了,那我們要點什麼呢?
work on sth. 從事、進行develop(v.)發展=make, produce