
保險不理賠
Eric is a car owner in Kaohsiung. He is talking to his friend Jenny.
艾瑞克是高雄的一位車主。他正在跟朋友珍妮對話。
owner(n.)擁有者、所有者own(v.)擁有
Eric: Jenny, you won’t believe what happened to my car.
艾瑞克:珍妮,你一定不會相信我的車發生了什麼事。
happen to sb./sth.發生在某人/某事物身上happen to VR剛好~、碰巧~
Jenny: What? Did someone hit it?
珍妮:什麼?有人撞到嗎?
Eric: Worse. A dog bit it!
艾瑞克:更糟。一隻狗咬了它!
Jenny: No way! A dog?!
珍妮:不會吧!一隻狗?!
Eric: Yeah. It was parked in a private lot, and the dog chewed the body near the tires.
艾瑞克:真的。車停在私人停車場,狗咬了輪胎旁邊的車殼。
private(adj.)私人的keep private保持私密/private life私生活chew(v.)咀嚼、啃
Jenny: That’s crazy. Was it badly damaged?
珍妮:太誇張了。車子受損很嚴重嗎?
damage(v.)(n.)損壞、毀損
Eric: Pretty bad. There are bite marks and even marks from the dog’s claws.
艾瑞克:還滿慘的。有咬痕,還有爪子抓的痕跡。
claw(n.)爪子
Jenny: Did you report it?
珍妮:你有報警嗎?
report(v.)報案
Eric: Yeah. The police checked the camera. It was really a dog.
艾瑞克:有啊。警察看了監視器,真的是狗咬的。
security camera監視器
Jenny: Can your insurance cover that?
珍妮:保險有理賠這種情況嗎?
insurance(n.)保險insurance policy保單
Eric: Only if I had special damage insurance. I didn’t get it.
艾瑞克:要有特別的車體險才賠。我沒保那個。
only if只有~在的條件下
Jenny: Oh no… So you have to pay for it yourself?
珍妮:喔不⋯⋯那你得自己出錢修?
pay for…付錢購買…
Eric: Yep. I’m never parking there again.
艾瑞克:對啊。我再也不敢停那邊了。