
膠卷上的台灣之光
Claire and Chuck are watching the MLB games.
克萊兒和查克正在看大聯盟比賽。
MLB=Major League Baseball美國職業棒球大聯盟
Claire: Wow! It’s a home run, and now the game ends in a draw.
克萊兒:哇!是全壘打耶,比賽現在以平手告終了。
home run(n.)全壘打end(v.)結束、停止draw(n.)平局
Chuck: By the way, did you hear that there will be a documentary released on Chien-Ming Wang?
查克:對了,妳有聽說將會有王建民的紀錄片上映嗎?
by the way順帶一提hear(v.)聽說release(v.)發行、上映
Claire: Yes, I did. It is called Late Life: The Chien-Ming Wang Story and will open in U.S. theaters soon this fall.
克萊兒:有啊,紀錄片叫做《後勁:王建民》,這個秋天很快就會在美國電影院上映了。
call(v.)稱為、叫做story(n.)故事open(v.)提供、開放theater(n.)劇院、電影院soon(adv.)不久、很快fall(n.)秋天
Chuck: He made New York Yankees’ history by winning 19 games in two consecutive seasons. That was epic!
查克:他連續兩個賽季贏得了十九場比賽,創造了紐約洋基隊的歷史。那真棒!
history(n.)歷史win(v.)贏、獲勝consecutive(adj.)連續的season(n.)季節、賽季epic(adj.)極好的
Claire: Before suffering a foot injury in 2008, he even was included in TIME’s top 100 most influential people back in 2007.
克萊兒:在他2008年遭受腳傷之前,前一年甚至被列為時代雜誌百大最具影響力的人物呢!
suffer(v.)經歷、遭受injury(n.)受傷even(adv.)連、甚至include(v.)包含、包括top(adj.)最重要的、最成功的influential(adj.)有影響力的
Chuck: That’s what the film is mainly about – his comeback attempts, rehab life, loneliness away from home, and inner struggles plus the weight he carried on his injured shoulders.
查克:那也是這部電影的主要內容:他的復出嘗試、復健生活、遠離家鄉的寂寞、以及內在的掙扎和他受傷的肩膀所負擔的重量。
what(pron.)…的mainly(adv.)主要的comeback(n.)復出、東山再起attempt(n.)努力、嘗試rehab(n.)康復治療loneliness(n.)孤獨、寂寞inner(adj.)內心的struggle(n.)掙扎plus(conj.)並且、加上weight(n.)重量injured(adj.)受傷的shoulder(n.)肩膀
Claire: Thankfully, the film will play in Taiwan this December, too. We’ll go see it, right?
克萊兒:幸好台灣十二月也會上映;我們會去看得,對吧?
thankfully(adv.)幸虧、幸好play(v.)播放
Chuck: You bet!
查克:那當然!
you bet當然