
洗碗的人說話
Jill and Adam are colleagues. They are chatting.
吉兒和亞當是同事。他們在聊天。
Adam: What are your thoughts on dishwashers?
亞當:你對洗碗機有什麼看法?
thoughts on sth.對於某事的想法
Jill: What do you mean?
吉兒:你什麼意思?
Adam: My wife wants one, but I don’t know…
亞當:我妻子想要一台洗碗機,但我不太確定……
wife(n.)妻子
Jill: Ah. It’s not cheap. I know.
吉兒:啊,我知道是不便宜。
cheap(adj.)便宜的、expensive(adj.)昂貴的
Adam: Exactly. I don’t see the point of getting one.
亞當:沒錯。我看不出來買的意義。
point(n.)重點、要點、想法、see the point明白、get the point了解、miss the point沒有理解、get to the point言歸正傳
Jill: Well, just one simple question: Are you the one doing the dishes at home?
吉兒:嗯,那我就問一個簡單的問題:你是在家洗碗的人嗎?
simple(adj.)簡單的、簡潔的question(n.)問題do the dishes洗碗盤
Adam: No. Mostly her.
亞當:不是。主要都是她在洗。
mostly(adv.)大多通常=mainly
Jill: I think you have your answer.
吉兒:我想答案顯而易見。
answer(v., n.)回答、答案
Adam: Do I?
亞當:是嗎?
Jill: She’s the one doing all the work. Just get the dishwasher she wants.
吉兒:她才是真的洗碗的人啊。就給她想要的洗碗機吧。