
派對小食好豐富
Dave and Jessy meet at a dinner party.
戴夫跟潔西在一場晚餐派對上遇到。
meet(v.)遇見、見面dinner(n.)晚餐party(n.)派對
Dave: Hey, thanks for throwing this amazing party!
戴夫:嘿,謝謝你辦了這麼棒的派對。
thank(v.)感謝,thanks for...為了⋯⋯感謝throw a party辦派對=hold a party
Jessy: Not at all. It’s just a simple pot luck dinner.
潔西:才沒有,只是簡單邀大家各帶一道菜來聚聚。
simple(adj.)簡單的pot luck一人一菜dinner(n.)晚餐
Dave: Thanks for being such a good neighbor.
戴夫:你真是很好的鄰居,謝謝你。
thank(v.)感謝,thanks for...為了⋯⋯感謝neighbor(n.)鄰居
Jessy: Have you tried these finger foods?
潔西:你吃過這些小點了嗎?
try(v.)嘗試finger food派對小點
Dave: Yeah, I already have. I love the cookies.
戴夫:當然吃了,我很喜歡餅乾。
Jessy: The chips and avocado dips are good too. You must give it a try.
潔西:薯片配酪梨醬也很棒,你一定要試試。
dip(n.)調味醬give it a try=give it a shot嘗試
Dave: Okay. Next time, it’ll be my turn to host the party.
戴夫:好啊,下次就換我主辦派對了。
sb’s turn輪到某人,take turns輪流host(v.)主辦party(n.)派對
Jessy: Don’t worry about it. Just relax and help yourself.
潔西:先別擔心那麼多,放鬆,好好玩吧。
worry(v.)擔心relax(v.)放鬆help yourself自己隨意、不要拘束
Dave: I will. Thank you again.
戴夫:我會的,再次謝謝你。