
定期使用牙線
Judy is at a dental clinic.
茱蒂在一家牙醫診所。
Dentist: Good morning, Judy. How are you feeling today?
牙醫:早安,朱蒂。你今天感覺如何?
dentist(n.)牙醫
Judy: Good, thanks. How about you?
茱蒂:很好,謝謝。你呢?
Dentist: I’m doing well, thanks. Let’s have a look at your teeth. Is there anything bothering you?
牙醫:我很好,謝謝。讓我們來看看你的牙齒。有什麼事困擾著你嗎?
let’s=let us RV讓我們來做某事(+原形動詞)have (take) a look at…看~、留意~bother(v.)困擾、打擾Don’t bother me.別打擾我Sorry to bother you.不好意思打擾你了
Judy: Yes, one of my molars hurts when I eat something sweet or cold.
茱蒂:有,當我吃甜的或冷的食物時,我其中一顆臼齒就會痛。
one of+複數名詞 ~之一molar(n.)臼齒hurt(v.)感到疼痛
Dentist: Alright, let’s take some X-rays to check it out.
牙醫:了解,我們來照X光檢查一下。
X-ray(n.) X光(片)take an X-ray照X光take a picture (photo)拍照check out檢查、退房、結帳
Judy: Okay.
茱蒂:好啊。
(After examining the X-rays)
(看過X光片後)
examine(v.)檢查、審查
Dentist: It looks like there’s a small cavity in your molar. We should fill it before it gets worse.
牙醫:你的臼齒好像蛀牙了。我們得在它惡化以前補牙。
cavity(n.)蛀牙洞cave(n.)山洞、洞穴fill(v.)填補、填塞、充注fill (up) the tank加(滿)油fill in the blank填充、在空格內填上(內容)fill out a form填寫表格get worse變得更糟bad(adj.)(bad-worse-worst)糟的get better(情況、病情)好轉、變得更好
Judy: Okay, when can we do that?
茱蒂:好的,我們什麼時候可以補牙?
Dentist: We can schedule you for next week if that’s okay with you.
牙醫:如果你方便的話,我們可以幫你安排下週。
schedule(n.)時程;(v.)排定、排程
Judy: Yes, that works.
茱蒂:好啊,沒問題。
work(v.)行得通
Dentist: Great. Make sure to brush your teeth and floss regularly to keep your teeth healthy.
牙醫:太好了。一定要刷牙和定期使用牙線保持牙齒健康喔。
make sure to RV確保做某事brush(v.)刷、梳floss(n.)牙線;(v.)用牙線清潔(牙縫)regularly(adv.)定期地
Judy: I will do that. Thank you.
茱蒂:我會的。謝謝。