
簡短的雙關語
Jack and Patty are neighbors. They are chatting.
傑克和派蒂是鄰居,他們在聊天。
neighbor (n.)鄰居;next-door neighbor 隔壁鄰居chat (v.)聊天,閒聊
Patty: I am so bored. Tell me a joke, would you?
派蒂:我好無聊喔,你說個笑話給我聽,好嗎?
bored (adj.)感到無聊的;boring (adj.)令人感到無聊的joke (n.)笑話;tell a joke、crack a joke 講笑話
Jack: Sure, do you want to hear a dad joke?
傑克:好啊,你想聽老爸笑話嗎?
want to VR 想要去做某件事情
Patty: What’s a dad joke?
派蒂:什麽是老爸笑話?
what’s=what is 什麽是
Jack: Well, a dad joke is a short joke with a pun, and it is usually told by a father, obviously.
傑克:老爸笑話就是簡短的雙關語笑話,且顧名思義通常是爸爸說的。
pun(n.)雙關語被動語態:be+p.p.obviously (adv.)很明顯地,顯然地
Patty: I see. Go ahead. I am ready for my first dad joke.
派蒂:我明白了。你講吧,我準備好要聽我第一個老爸笑話了。
go ahead 開始做某件事be ready for sth.準備好迎接某個事物
Jack: OK. Why did the old man fall in the well?
傑克:好,為什麽老人會掉進井裡?
fall (v.)跌倒,掉下去well (n.)井,水井
Patty: I don’t know. Why?
派蒂:我不知道,為什麽?
Jack: Because he couldn’t see that well.
傑克:因為他視力不好。
Patty: Haha. It’s a good one. I didn’t know Mr. Rogers is so funny.
派蒂:哈哈,這個不錯,我不曉得羅傑斯先生這麼有趣。
Jack: Well, my dad has a lot more jokes like that one. Some are pretty clever, but most are quite bad.
傑克:我爸還有更多像那樣的笑話。有些蠻巧妙的,但大都很爛。
pretty (adv.)相當,非常clever (adj.)聰明=smart